Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Old 11-13-2009, 06:47 PM

Exclamation the output could not be made active because the output path is currently made inactiv

I imported audio files from an old session in another studio into a new session of mine, I cannot play the tracks and get the following message:
"the output could not be made active because the output path is currently made inactive". It seems like the tracks have machines saved that are not mine, they don't recognize my M-Audio Firewire 411, when I click on the interface in each track it says that the path is made inactive. HOW CAN I MAKE THE PATH ACTIVE PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Old 11-13-2009, 07:45 PM

Default Re: the output could not be made active because the output path is currently made ina

Go to the HARDWARE menu and check your I/O settings. That's where they are created, enabled and disabled.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:37 PM

Default Re: the output could not be made active because the output path is currently made ina

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric seaberg View Post
go to the hardware menu and check your i/o settings. That's where they are created, enabled and disabled.

thank you!!!!!!!!!!! You are an angel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-14-2018, 09:34 AM

I've a similar issue in PT10. I've mixed a song, I've returned to the session and most of my inputs and busses are disabled. When I try to enable it I get ""the input could not be made active because the input path is not available". I can't reset all the IO to default cuz I would lose all my mix routings. Can anyone help me get my mix back?
Old 03-21-2018, 12:28 PM

Its well worth some time learning about the IO setup, how it works, how it gets screwed up(its easy) and how to fix it. How it gets screwed up is often by opening a session that was started on another system, or maybe its an older session from some previous interface. Some general advice(all I can do without being at your computer):

Open the IO setup window and go to the Bus tab. Find the column header called Mapping To Output. Click on the header once, then click again(not a double-click but 2 separate clicks) and that will bring all output paths up to the top of the column. Anything showing in italics is a bad path. Then its up to you to:
A-figure out why its bad(could be named differently from your actual outputs, or be connected, by the checkbox, to a non-existent path)
B-correct the routing by renaming or re-assigning the output

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave