Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 06-04-2009, 12:48 PM

Default IE 8 Install Breaks M-Powered?

This morning I finally got around to a Win XP software update that had been waiting that contained IE 8. I worked with Ableton Live awhile after that without any problems. But then when I tried to open Pro-Tools 8 M-Powered it hung. Same thing with Cubase 5 and Cubase 4. Based on past experience I first suspected my M-Audio drivers and reinstalled those. Didn't help. So I finally went back to the last system restore point prior to the IE 8 install. Everything works fine now. Anybody else have problems like this with IE 8?
Old 06-04-2009, 12:51 PM

Default Re: IE 8 Install Breaks M-Powered?

Its breaks PTLE so Mpowered is as likely. Just uninstall IE8 and you should be fine. Digi is looking into it.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 06-04-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post
Its breaks PTLE so Mpowered is as likely. Just uninstall IE8 and you should be fine. Digi is looking into it.
Rolling back to the prior restore point basically uninstalled IE8. IMO restore points are one of the best features in Windows. They've saved my neck a number of times.

I posted a similar message about Cubase in the Cubase forum, and somebody dug up a thread saying IE8 is causing problems with iLOK:

http://www.cubase.net/phpbb2/viewtop...&highlight=ie8

Cubase doesn't use iLOK but a lot of my plug-ins do. Cubase seemed to be getting hung scanning plug-ins.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:52 PM

Yes, there does seem to be an IE8/Pace issue. It's being looked at by Digi as we speak.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 06-04-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
Yes, there does seem to be an IE8/Pace issue. It's being looked at by Digi as we speak.
Yesterday i obsered the same problem under my XP-System during the first Installations auf Pro Tools M-Powered. It tooks me 3h to observe the reason for the Deadlock issue.
I have installed the latest Pace-Driver for the ILock from there homepage but this dont fix it. Pace has to fix it IMHO and from the view of a QA Softwaremanager.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:46 AM

Yea, for now just uninstall IE8.

And welcome to the DUC.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 06-29-2009, 11:37 PM

Anybody have any updates with this. I filed a support request with iLok, but got the usual Tech Support BS, so I decided to just wait.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:04 AM

This is the only thing that is preventing me from using Windows 7 RC1 7232 x64.

Even after removing it from the system, it hangs on xpand.dpm. Only way around it is to trash pref's, and then reload, but thats a pain in the arse when you have loads of plugins.

I am however extremely shocked at how well Vista SP2 x64 runs PTMP8! I have compared the CPU difference between this and 32-bit XP, and there is just 1%.

It's great for me because i now have access to all 8gb of RAM within the OS, i have DX10 for extra gaming features, and an OS that doesnt look like it was from the stone age. This is all coming from someone who hated Vista with a passion less that a week ago.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danika View Post
This morning I finally got around to a Win XP software update that had been waiting that contained IE 8. I worked with Ableton Live awhile after that without any problems. But then when I tried to open Pro-Tools 8 M-Powered it hung. Same thing with Cubase 5 and Cubase 4. Based on past experience I first suspected my M-Audio drivers and reinstalled those. Didn't help. So I finally went back to the last system restore point prior to the IE 8 install. Everything works fine now. Anybody else have problems like this with IE 8?
So you didn't read the sticky posted since April about this?
Old 02-17-2010, 11:30 AM

So after 6 months the sticky post is still there. I guess that means that nothing has been fixed?