Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 03-12-2009, 12:54 PM

Default Re: Does Boom Realy suck this bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussUK View Post
And you got this fact from where?
Just look around, I'm not the only one who feels that digi needs to step up there relationship with their customer base. Why don't you read some of the comments left on your Boom Tutorial... Giving us gimmicks like boom pisses off a lot of people... Trust me I know atleast 20 other pt users who are very disappointed by boom and it's lack of features. It's like releasing a new car that can only drive straight.... As modern musicians yes we have high expectations, yes we do believe that digi should give us a Great Drum Machine for Free.... Everyone else does. Why not digi. As I mentioned before I love Pt just as much as you or anyone else, but I'm not just gonna pretend like everything about the program is the best thing ever.... it has it's flaw's and Boom is one of them.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmendoja View Post
Just look around, I'm not the only one who feels that digi needs to step up there relationship with their customer base. Why don't you read some of the comments left on your Boom Tutorial... Giving us gimmicks like boom pisses off a lot of people... Trust me I know atleast 20 other pt users who are very disappointed by boom and it's lack of features. It's like releasing a new car that can only drive straight.... As modern musicians yes we have high expectations, yes we do believe that digi should give us a Great Drum Machine for Free.... Everyone else does. Why not digi. As I mentioned before I love Pt just as much as you or anyone else, but I'm not just gonna pretend like everything about the program is the best thing ever.... it has it's flaw's and Boom is one of them.
20? Really? Sh*t! I didn't think things were that bad...

Threads: 240,879, Posts: 1,364,386, Members: 89,775

Now I think percentages are worked out by dividing the first number by the bigger one, so 20 divide by 89,775 is 0.00022, now that's serious, but my math stinks, so it may be more like 50% of the user base for all I know!

Anyway off to make some more FREE patches for the AIR Users who demand them, so I better not let them down. (whistles as he leaves)

Founder of the Expert Sites.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussUK View Post
20? Really? Sh*t! I didn't think things were that bad...

Threads: 240,879, Posts: 1,364,386, Members: 89,775

Now I think percentages are worked out by dividing the first number by the bigger one, so 20 divide by 89,775 is 0.00022, now that's serious, but my math stinks, so it may be more like 50% of the user base for all I know!

Anyway off to make some more FREE patches for the AIR Users who demand them, so I better not let them down. (whistles as he leaves)
Sorry Russ, but I was talking about real people... not my internet friends. The only reason you are such a Boom nut, is you work at A.I.R. and you can't handle any negative input. Keep making your patches for the sheep, I'll make my own.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmendoja View Post
Sorry Russ, but I was talking about real people... not my internet friends. The only reason you are such a Boom nut, is you work at A.I.R. and you can't handle any negative input. Keep making your patches for the sheep, I'll make my own.
Does somebody want to put the newbie straight on this fact? Or shall I put him out of his misery and tell him I don't work for AIR?

This single post has alienated a huge section of the DUC, the one who you so eloquently refer to as 'sheep' who download the patches number about 20,000 a month. Many of whom are dedicated members of the DUC community.

So if I don't work for AIR, why all the work on the blog? Simple - it only takes a mouth to criticize, and what a fine example of that truth you are.

Founder of the Expert Sites.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:34 AM

i would have to agree,,
boom is just taking up space for me,,,No wonder it was a free plug in with PT8,,,
I will say that transfuser is the most underated plug in out their,,,
it has it all and more,,,,but does take some time to learn,,,
for those looking for tips and techniques,,,on some really great ways to use its drum interface etc...and intergrate with PT,,,send me a message,,,
i have some great links and info i have learned,,,through my time staring at the screen,,,
Old 03-13-2009, 10:21 AM

well ... boom ... for me ... is fantastic ...

i have done 4 remixes in last month ... and the main groove was created with boom ... yes ... i miss separated outputs ... but can live with that ...

for me ... or at least for my production is a part of must have plugins ...
Old 03-13-2009, 10:31 AM

Call it free or not, I still don't understand at all why they don't made the instrument opened for our own samples.

Drone / Ambient / Experimental
Old 03-14-2009, 08:35 PM

Not to get off the subject, but Red Chair hit it right on the head. Transfuser is probably one of the greatest under rated plug ins out there. I can't stress enough how great it is. If people are really that disappointed with Boom......check out Transfuser, it has alot to offer.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:48 PM

wow
people are really crying over a free pluggin ?
boom is a old fashion drum machine not a sampler
you couldn't add your samples to the tr808
add your samples to structure its a sampler
russuk showed you how to make separate out puts
i mean it's free if you don't like it don't use it
i'm not that impressed with boom but i find occasions to use it if the track is right
there are options out there some are free some not
i know logic, d.p. and cubas has great plugins that comes with it but you still have to buy an interface so you see no program has it all
pro tools 8 freakin rocks and the duc. community is very helpful if you can't afford digi's support
protools isn't perfect yet but its getting there
"if you can't be with the one you love love the one your with"
LOL
Old 03-15-2009, 04:29 AM

I guess I am more in the camp of, if we are paying for Pro Tools 8, the plug-ins that come with them are not free.

Every part of a DAW makes up the whole, and it is only fair that users compare what other products offer. Any other "professional" drum program like this has the features that people are crying out for.

I also think it a little bizarre that Digi says "There are dozens of plugs out there that do this already so we didn't want to give people something they already had."

So by leaving out basic features they are somehow making it more useful??
2xMacPro 2.66,002r,OSX 10.4.10,PT 7.4cs8
3xVisionDaw,NI Komplete,Yamaha 01V/96