Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 03-02-2006, 11:56 AM

Default ACE MEGA CODEC PACK issue

Just wanted to post I can confirm that having ace mega codec pack installed on your protools system will cause an access violation on protools boot and you must uninstall the codec pack via add/remove programs.
I had protools 6.7/9 on a ibm thinkpad t40 with win xpsp2 and had to nuke my laptop from a trojan. when I began restoring the programs and such I installed the ace codec pack for many of the movie codecs i use. it also installed a bunch of junk running in the system tray. when I tried installing protools every boot would give an access violation, until I delete the mega codec pack.
so just to warn everyone, the ACE MEGA CODEC PACK is bunk, just find the individual codecs you need and don't hassle with this piece of crap.