Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2006, 04:06 PM

Default Pro Tools -----> Cubase

I have a customer that wants me to give him the necessary files from His HD3 sessions ( Vs 7.20; Os 10.2) so that he can play with them at home using Cubase. Not being familiar with Cubase I have no idea what I need to backup on Cd or Disc for him.
Any Help Will Be APPRECIATED !!
Old 11-29-2006, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools -----> Cubase

If Cubase can import OMF and you have DigiTranslator you can give him an OMF of the session.
or
You can consolidate the tracks and export all files at the same start time.

But it sounds like you tracked his project at your place and he wants to play with the tracks at home.
So he will spend all week end making edits and comps and changes and then want to get those back to you.
If that is the situation then I think getting them back to you would be the bigger issue.
The other thing would be what kind of processing or reconversion would he do.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:26 AM

Thanks Rob,

This is just for his own enjoyment. It was something that was recorded on analog 1" 8tk @ 30 years ago and he just wants to play with it on his own. So I doubt that it will ever comeback to our studio as a project so I shouldn't have to deal with re-converting ........ but now that I have said that I've probably cursed myself.
I will check into digi-translator - as I have no knowledge how to use or even what it is. Isn't all of audio engineering about learning something new EVERY DAY !!

Thanxs again,
billy shaw

ps. by the way I've been wearing my black all stars hi-tops since the 60's when I saw Jeff Beck wearing them in Album cover for the Yardbirds. I'm such a poser huh??
Old 11-30-2006, 09:31 AM

Quote:

ps. by the way I've been wearing my black all stars hi-tops since the 60's when I saw Jeff Beck wearing them in Album cover for the Yardbirds. I'm such a poser huh??
You and me both.