Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 03-30-2022, 05:39 PM

Default Eucon Artist Mix not being recognized

Hello everyone,

I've been using Eucon Artist Mix on and off for a few years. When I updated my Pro Tools Ultra to 2021.12 and EuControl 2021.10.1.29, the Artist mix does show up on Eucontrol setting window, but it disappears when I drag it to the "My Surfaces" window. When I go to Pro Tools peripheral setup/Ethernet controllers to enable Artist Mix, it won't come up on any of the 7 controller list.

I've also run hardware test on the unit. Other than 2 of my faders being faulty, everything seems to check out. My iPad works via wifi, but I do miss having physical fader.

Is it possible to downgrade its firmware? I believe I had updated it to the latest from Avid sometime last year and it was working until now.

Thanks so much in advance!

Pro Tools Ultra w/ Scarlet 18i20 3rd gen on Mac mini 2018 w/ 16GB ram, 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7
Old 04-01-2022, 09:06 AM
Avid

Default Re: Eucon Artist Mix not being recognized

You don't enable Ethernet in PT, and the Surfaces don't show up there. Just check the EUCON box.
Old 04-13-2022, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyseal View Post
Hello everyone,

I've been using Eucon Artist Mix on and off for a few years. When I updated my Pro Tools Ultra to 2021.12 and EuControl 2021.10.1.29, the Artist mix does show up on Eucontrol setting window, but it disappears when I drag it to the "My Surfaces" window. When I go to Pro Tools peripheral setup/Ethernet controllers to enable Artist Mix, it won't come up on any of the 7 controller list.

I've also run hardware test on the unit. Other than 2 of my faders being faulty, everything seems to check out. My iPad works via wifi, but I do miss having physical fader.

Is it possible to downgrade its firmware? I believe I had updated it to the latest from Avid sometime last year and it was working until now.

Thanks so much in advance!

Pro Tools Ultra w/ Scarlet 18i20 3rd gen on Mac mini 2018 w/ 16GB ram, 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7
Have you had any luck getting your Mix to work? I'm having the same issue with my Artist Control. Are you running Monterey?
Old 04-13-2022, 08:55 PM
Avid

This is not firmware and most likely not the OS version but a network issue. Pleas describe how the units are being connected to the Mac?