How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2012, 04:06 PM

Default Importing a mix session template into a record edit session

Hello

I am trying to figure out what the best way to Mix my music is. I have several things recorded and edited now and I'm wondering if I can import a mix session template I've created into my existing record/edit session? If so how would I go about getting all the plug ins buses submixes etc that I have set up in my mix session routed into the record/edit session? I know some people have a record/edit/mix session all in one but I'm concerned this would take up a lot of procession power and I'm on a macbook pro with hardly enough ram as it is. I do record onto an external hard drive though. Please let me know what your advice is. Thanks
Old 04-27-2012, 04:24 AM

Default Re: Importing a mix session template into a record edit session

Why do you need a separate mix session? I always record, edit and mix within the same session, and if needed I'll Import Session Data from other sessions like location recordings etc.

I'm curious as to what's so different about your Mix session template from the record/edit session? If it's just I/O settings (buses, routing etc.) you can go to Setup > I/O and import a different I/O template. Otherwise I suggest mixing from the same session as it won't be a big help to your computer processing power by having a separate mix session. If you've got a lot of elastic audio tracks, try consolidating them to save CPU power.

Hope this helps.