Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 02-26-2011, 05:40 PM

Smile where can I download the eleven editor

I'm migrating MacOSX, and I've installed PT 8M up to 8.04, and I'd like to just download the Eleven rack editor plugin for my Eleven, rather than dig through all my stuff to find it (which, yes, I should do anyway)... I've looked all over the Avid support areas, searched, but I always seem to end up at plugin software..

And as I've said in that thread, I'd really like the editor to be stand alone, but even the plugin for PT would be helpful :)

Thanks for any pointers!
Old 02-26-2011, 06:08 PM

Default Re: where can I download the eleven editor

What? There is no such thing as an 'Eleven Editor' perhaps i misunderstand you. What exactly are you talking about? Are you talking about the Eleven Rack or Eleven RTAS/TDM plugin?

What is Pro Tools 8M? Do you mean M-Powered?

If you are referring to the Eleven Rack Window, that is only available when Pro Tools is open. PT8.0.1 and HIGHER install all the "plugins"(.rsr files) needed to show the Eleven Rack Window.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 02-26-2011, 08:40 PM

I have an Eleven Rack (not the RTAS plugin), the external orange hardware box (which absolutely rocks)... On my windows machine, I installed on CD (not the ProTool 8 LE disk)", which ended up being a window on Pro-Tools M-Powered 8.0.4 64 bit (as in, you select the menu item window -> Eleven Rack)... When selecting this menu item, up pops a Picture of the Eleven with various ways to edit it, save the presets, fiddle with all the internals, etc - This edits the rack hardware box itself so that I don't have to grovel through the menu buttons and LCD screen...

There was a disk that came with the Eleven which installed this... And it was separate from Protools LE since I didn't install that....

Almost every review of the Eleven I can find mentions the editor and has pictures of it, also pointing out that it only runs on protools...

But googling gives me the impression that it doesn't exist.. The avid webpage doesn't mention so I wonder if these means Avid doesn't support it, or perhaps doesn't intend to ship it... Or more like Avid marketing just doens't consider it important, or hasn't gotten around to putting it up anywhere..

I'll keep looking for the original DVDs...
Old 02-26-2011, 09:01 PM

I'm not aware of the editor window ever being a standalone installer. When it first came out, it was part of a Protools update. Then later on, with 8.0.3 (I think), it was simply coded into Protools software, and is installed with it, whether you own the eleven rack or not.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
I'm not aware of the editor window ever being a standalone installer. When it first came out, it was part of a Protools update. Then later on, with 8.0.3 (I think), it was simply coded into Protools software, and is installed with it, whether you own the eleven rack or not.
Thanks!!! This got me thinking.. If the editor is built in, then PT must just not know that the Eleven Rack is there, so no Eleven Rack editor window...

Sure enough, there was the unconnected USB cable for the midi port/ctrl of the Eleven.. Bingo.. It wasn't' seeing the the Eleven control (just the spdif)..

So now with it connected I have to sort out why my Mac doesn't see the Eleven, probably because I need to install a, um, utility or something... (what on windows I'd say is a "driver" but its probably different on a Mac - this being my first :O I did installed something on my other machine.....
Old 02-26-2011, 11:17 PM

You mentioned the spidf cable. That sounds to me like the Rack is hooked up to another interface, which is what's interfacing with your computer. In that case, the computer will not see the Rack as an interface. The usb connection will simply allow you to control the Racks features, but not pass sound to and from it.

If I remember correctly, you can switch back and forth between the Rack and your other interface for which one passes sound back and forth. It worked this way with my 003R and PT8. I'm not sure if anything has changed. It should be under "hardware setup".