How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2011, 10:10 AM

Default Help Monitoring Computer Audio (non-PT audio) via Omni

Hello all!
I am trying to configure the Omni to be my sole audio interface with my MacPro. I am able to hear PT9 files but am unable to hear any other files via Omni either through my monitors or headphones. I read the manual, but unless I've missed something, nowhere does it address how to listen to other audio files. I've troubleshot for hours without any joy.

Before hooking up the Omni, I was using an Apogee Duet and I had no problems bouncing back and forth between Logic, itunes or any other audio file.

Any help would be much appreciated!

cheers,
jason
-------------
Mac Pro 8 core, 2.26 GHZ, 12 G Ram, OS 10.6.6
PTHD3 PCIe, Omni, PT9 HD v 9.0.1
Old 02-04-2011, 02:29 PM

Default Re: Solved :Help Monitoring Computer Audio (non-PT audio) via Omni

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkalman View Post
Hello all!
I am trying to configure the Omni to be my sole audio interface with my MacPro. I am able to hear PT9 files but am unable to hear any other files via Omni either through my monitors or headphones. I read the manual, but unless I've missed something, nowhere does it address how to listen to other audio files. I've troubleshot for hours without any joy.

Before hooking up the Omni, I was using an Apogee Duet and I had no problems bouncing back and forth between Logic, itunes or any other audio file.

Any help would be much appreciated!

cheers,
jason
-------------
Mac Pro 8 core, 2.26 GHZ, 12 G Ram, OS 10.6.6
PTHD3 PCIe, Omni, PT9 HD v 9.0.1
Issue resolved. The key thing is when you change the audio settings on your computer, make sure you close all programs, better yet, restart your computer, to ensure the settings take effect.