Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2008, 09:12 AM

Default have some user specific questions

So i just got setup with the mbox2 and latest PT software. I currently have a digital keyboard that im running directly into my imac via USB MIDI cable. when i open up say the "Analog" plugin that comes with the ignition pack i can play the plugin with the keyboard but when i record i get no playback.

On the same note i have tried plugging my keyboard into the Mbox directly with a 1/4" cable(i have also tried an electric guitar) and i get really bad static and a consistent clicking sound when i turn the gain up to a normal level. could the unit be bad or is it something else?

The last noob thing i would like to ask about is can anyone give me some good ideas for downloadable plugins and anything else that they like that would be good to have for a new user.

Thanks
Old 10-19-2008, 12:12 PM

Default Re: have some user specific questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by oettinger1919 View Post
So i just got setup with the mbox2 and latest PT software. I currently have a digital keyboard that im running directly into my imac via USB MIDI cable. when i open up say the "Analog" plugin that comes with the ignition pack i can play the plugin with the keyboard but when i record i get no playback.
Is the Analog (Factory?) plug-in on an Auxiliary or Instrument track?

This thread might help,

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=230062

Quote:
On the same note i have tried plugging my keyboard into the Mbox directly with a 1/4" cable(i have also tried an electric guitar) and i get really bad static and a consistent clicking sound when i turn the gain up to a normal level. could the unit be bad or is it something else?
Guitars need to go into the DI input and Keyboards Line input. The DI/Line selector on the front panel needs to be engaged.

http://www.myspace.com/philogg
Old 10-19-2008, 01:15 PM

Ok thanks for that, now im dealing with another issue.

I have setup the system again this time with stereo monitors and everything seems to work fine but now when i go to specify the input and output on a channel it shows that every path is inactive. How do i get it back to normal?
Old 10-19-2008, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Ok thanks for that, now im dealing with another issue.

I have setup the system again this time with stereo monitors and everything seems to work fine but now when i go to specify the input and output on a channel it shows that every path is inactive. How do i get it back to normal?
Set-up/ I/O / Default

http://www.myspace.com/philogg