Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2014, 03:51 PM

Default Re: my cranesong phoenix was stolen from me by ilok

I have around 200 active licenses and around 150 are within my iLok account - some of them go back more than 12 years. I have received same message on 3 of my licenses (Revibe, BF Compressor Pack, TC MasterX3) last week and therefore reached out to Pace Support, as I did not really understand what was going on.

I have to admit, that my first impression was wrong, as Pace could well explain the issues. I actually did not loose any active, bought license. So all my licenses are as they should be. It is correct to take licenses away, that I actually sold earlier - also I am happy to have former trials just taken from the account. So no issue.

I can understand that there are a lot of fraudulent licenses in the world (as I know from my non-music business as well) and I think it is useful to protect the license owners such as Avid, as we all would pay for this somehow. If I think back years Pace did with iLok a great job over the last years and actually makes it possible for me to just take the iLok and work with my licenses in one of my other studios. We all sometimes forget too fast about innovations that came and made it easy for us and actually cheaper. In earlier years I had to buy more than one license to work in different locations (even if it was not possible at all). If some of us here now behave like we want to get iLok out of business, we have forgot about the old times. Do we really want to leave more space for fraud and do we want to pay more in the future again for licenses or don't we want to respect as musicians / producers / composers the licenses of the license owners? Actually we are all sitting in the same basket - if our music licenses would be that good protected as our plug-ins, we would be more secure to get our income.

I agree with some other threads here, that Pace should improve further on the user experience regarding the licenses that can be seen, sorted ... I addressed some issues there to their support and they listend, came back with explanation and we had some fruitful discussion.

So if some of you have a real issue, they should reach out to Pace and I am sure they will reply and solve this. If you just complain here and do not talk to Pace I would more guess that you might be aware of some issues around your licenses.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olaf-schmitz View Post
I have around 200 active licenses and around 150 are within my iLok account - some of them go back more than 12 years. I have received same message on 3 of my licenses (Revibe, BF Compressor Pack, TC MasterX3) last week and therefore reached out to Pace Support, as I did not really understand what was going on.

I have to admit, that my first impression was wrong, as Pace could well explain the issues. I actually did not loose any active, bought license. So all my licenses are as they should be. It is correct to take licenses away, that I actually sold earlier - also I am happy to have former trials just taken from the account. So no issue.

I can understand that there are a lot of fraudulent licenses in the world (as I know from my non-music business as well) and I think it is useful to protect the license owners such as Avid, as we all would pay for this somehow. If I think back years Pace did with iLok a great job over the last years and actually makes it possible for me to just take the iLok and work with my licenses in one of my other studios. We all sometimes forget too fast about innovations that came and made it easy for us and actually cheaper. In earlier years I had to buy more than one license to work in different locations (even if it was not possible at all). If some of us here now behave like we want to get iLok out of business, we have forgot about the old times. Do we really want to leave more space for fraud and do we want to pay more in the future again for licenses or don't we want to respect as musicians / producers / composers the licenses of the license owners? Actually we are all sitting in the same basket - if our music licenses would be that good protected as our plug-ins, we would be more secure to get our income.

I agree with some other threads here, that Pace should improve further on the user experience regarding the licenses that can be seen, sorted ... I addressed some issues there to their support and they listend, came back with explanation and we had some fruitful discussion.

So if some of you have a real issue, they should reach out to Pace and I am sure they will reply and solve this. If you just complain here and do not talk to Pace I would more guess that you might be aware of some issues around your licenses.
Did you just now discover this forum? An involved PT user for more than 12 years, and holder of 200 licenses, and it's somewhat amazing that you could have missed it until now. Whatever the case, welcome!
Old 04-30-2014, 07:31 PM

Sincere thanks to DTS (JC) for arranging the quick return of my 2 licenses: ReVibe and Impact

Awesome service from Avid.
Forever a BIG fan...
Old 05-05-2014, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post
Sincere thanks to DTS (JC) for arranging the quick return of my 2 licenses: ReVibe and Impact

Forever a BIG fan...
awesome, good news
Radeon Hd 7770
Corsair Vengeance 16 gigs DDR3 RAM UA Solo 610 and a few nice mics
Old 05-05-2014, 11:49 AM

Please DTS/JC: would you kindly create a support case for me about my problem? You can pm me in duc!

Thanks!
Gergely
Old 05-05-2014, 01:42 PM
Avid

Post Re: my cranesong phoenix was stolen from me by ilok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recallbeats View Post
Please DTS/JC: would you kindly create a support case for me about my problem? You can pm me in duc!

Thanks!
Gergely
I didn't see a Pro Tools HD 8 license in the account associated with your community email address, so started a case to get more info. Please check your inbox (and spam folder) for a case notice.
Thanks,
JC
Old 05-05-2014, 01:43 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post
Forever a BIG fan...
Glad I could help!
-JC
Old 05-05-2014, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Please check your inbox (and spam folder) for a case notice.
Thanks,
JC
I checked and i answer to this email, you will see it or need to login to avid support page and answer on that side?

thanks you!
Gergely
Old 05-06-2014, 05:58 AM

iLok do not reply anymore and ignore my complaints. So I had to spend another $500 for getting my plugins backs. Thanks to Eventide for the special offer! Very nice by them.

But, I am so disappointed by iLok, absolutely no fairness, no support, just ignorance.
Worst company I had to deal with by now. In my opinion this was just theft.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micks_Mix View Post
iLok do not reply anymore and ignore my complaints. So I had to spend another $500 for getting my plugins backs. Thanks to Eventide for the special offer! Very nice by them.

But, I am so disappointed by iLok, absolutely no fairness, no support, just ignorance.
Worst company I had to deal with by now. In my opinion this was just theft.
Where did you buy the plugins which were revoked? Were they legitimate and salable copies or demos that were turned into full licenses?