Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 07-07-2008, 06:37 PM

Default fade in multiple using fade handle

Is it possible to select multiple regions (same or different track) and fade them in using the fade handle all at the same time? I don't know if this is possible.

All I see is the batch fade, though that works, its not as visual in reference to the selected waveforms, I feel like I'm overlooking something...
Old 07-07-2008, 11:27 PM

Default Re: fade in multiple using fade handle

It depends. If you want to fade regions from several tracks to or from the same position, then it's simple.

EXAMPLE - For multiple regions fading out:

- Make sure that you have Link Track and Edit Selection active

- Drop your selector cursor on one region at the point where you want the fade to start

- Cmd+click to select as many tracks as you want to fade

- press G (in Command Focus mode)

Another way is to use edit groups. By "trim handle", it sounds like you're talking about the Smart Tool where you put the cursor in the corner and drag out to fade, right? OK.

- Select several tracks

- Cmd+G to group them

- Starting with the earliest region, use your Smart Tool to drag in a fade

- Either delete the temporary group or Cmd+Shift+G to Suspend (deactivate) Groups.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:49 AM

Cool, that first one is actually kinda nice, took me a while to get it "put the cursor where you want the fade to start" - I was selecting instead of positioning the cursor.

The second one however I can't get to work. The moment I attempt to do the fade on the regions in the group it selects the current region does the fade and leaves the other one untouched, I'm sure I am doing something wrong here.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:53 AM

Are you using the Smart Tool? It's hard to explain without showing you, but you have to start with the outermost region of the group and drag the fade out long enough that it extends into the other regions.

Does that make sense at all. If not, then try it first with regions that are the exact same length and then experiment with different lengths. The fades will end up being different lengths from each other depending on how far apart the region boundaries are from each other.

I actually use batch fades a lot, too. This is especially useful for post-production where you often need to do hundreds of 2-frame fades.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maufau View Post
Is it possible to select multiple regions (same or different track) and fade them in using the fade handle all at the same time? I don't know if this is possible.

All I see is the batch fade, though that works, its not as visual in reference to the selected waveforms, I feel like I'm overlooking something...
Hi,
This solution seems to work on different tracks, but on clips in the SAME TRACK, I can't get this to work.

Lets say I have 40 clips in the same tracks that I need to fade out because there is a tick at the end of each clip, then I would like to batch fade out all of those clips.

Thanks
Old 09-27-2014, 02:01 PM

Use batch fades, but make the first one 90 degrees and you're set