Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 07-13-2006, 07:49 AM

Default Audio not coming through on new PC set-up

Hi.
Trying to set-up an Mbox with Pro Tools LE 6.4 on a friend's PC. I've been using Pro Tools for 4 years, but never on a PC and we are having some problems with the audio.
1. For starters, I set up a click track and the click is muffled and distorted. It sounds really strange.
2. Next, when I tried to record audio using an XLR and a a number of different Mics, I get no sound from the Mic.
3. Next, I tried to plug a guitar directly into the Mbox and the guitar sound comes through the speakers and headphones, but it doesn't register a signal within Pro Tools.
4. I tried to import in MP3 file to an audio track so I could at least show him some editing basics, but the MP3 file comes through all distorted and muffled.

- When I say distorted and muffled, think like how Charlie Brown's mom's voice sounds.

I know all the connections are fine and settings on the Mbox are good. I've been using it forever, but never on a PC. I've tried multiple mics and cables. I know it's something with the pc because i checked the Mbox with my Mac and it works fine. Something within the PC set-up is not allowing the audio to register in Pro Tools.

Here is is set-up:

Dell Dimension Desktop
Intel Pentium (R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz 2.79GHz, 504MB of RAM

Windows XP Home with Service Pack 2

PLEASE HELP!
Old 07-14-2006, 04:44 PM

Default Re: Audio not coming through on new PC set-up

LE 6.4 with XP SP2 requires cs6 and cs9 and the latest PACE drivers to work properly. Your friend should update to 7.1 cs8. First however, he should check to be sure that his Dell is compatible with Pro Tools LE.

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction