Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2002, 05:02 AM

Default Type #3 error with Digi001/DP3

just wondering if anyone else out there has encountered any problems running Digital Performer 3. with PT/ Digi 001 and Soft-Samplecell???
all other Audio/Midi/Synth software is running fine as always butwhen i try to launch DP it won't and i get the 'ole Type 3 error.
Motu suggested trashing Digi001 OMS driver fromOMS [along with all relevent pref's] but ..no luck - this is not a great solution anyway as it stops Midi ports on Digi beingrecognised by OMS !!!
I;ve tried reinstalls, different Xtension sets[about 20 !!] .....any ideas ????
Old 07-23-2002, 08:11 AM
Avid

Default Re: Type #3 error with Digi001/DP3

In what order are you launching your applications? Try launching DP before SSC and see if the errors persist.

Brent
Old 07-23-2002, 08:00 PM

Thanks for replying Brent,
basicly I/m simply trying to launch DP3 using DIGI 001 as hardware - and using the Digidesign Direct I/O driver-
i mentioned Soft samplecell + Digi 001[and thier associated OMS Midi driver's , as I suspect there may be an incompatibility between these and DP3 ??
i should probably mention I also use logic plat. using same driver and never a problem, I have also tried reverting my 5.1.1 digi xtensions back to 5.0 but this hasn't helped either - I 've run nortons to check the system Hdisc and it seems fine - I'm quite sure OMS (2.3.8) is at the heart of this problem but damned if i can work out what !!!
Old 07-24-2002, 08:53 AM
Avid

In order to work with Digital Performer and Soft SC, make sure you are running FreeMIDI in "OMS Compatibility Mode."

In order to ensure things work properly, install OMS and FreeMidi according to the following instructions:
1-Install OMS
2-Restart
3-Install FreeMidi (latest version)
4-Restart
5-Launch FreeMidi. It will say something like “FreeMidi has detected OMS...Do you want to use FreeMidi or OMS?” Click “Use OMS”. This puts FreeMidi into OMS compatibility mode. From this point on, FreeMidi will reman invisible to you and all configuring/editing of interfaces and devices is to be performed in OMS.

Brent
Old 07-25-2002, 02:29 AM

Again thanks fro reply brent , i am running free midi in OMS Compat , mode ,
i ve even tried running with just freemidi ... no luck .. this has reallly stumped me !!
Old 07-25-2002, 03:38 PM
Avid

At this point, I would suggest a performing a Clean Install** of the Mac OS. Once the installation process is finished, restart the computer and run the Pro Tools and OMS installers. Move all Digi-specific extensions (listed below) over to the new System Folder>Extensions folder and the DAE Folder to the new System Folder, restart the Mac and relaunch Pro Tools.

-Digidesign Control Panel
-DigiSystem INIT
-Digidesign Direct I/O
-Digidesign DSP Manager
-Digidesign Stream Manager
-FreeMidi Extensions
-Open Music System
-Soft SC INIT

**When launching the Mac OS installer from the CD-ROM click the “Options” button in one of the first windows that you see (after the software license agreement). Enable “Perform Clean Install” and proceed with a normal installation of the OS. This will create a new System Folder on your system without removing any data on your drive.

Brent
Old 07-31-2002, 03:01 AM

hi brent,
thanks for reply [ again} - as i have quite alot of older floppy disc auth. oriented software e.g Koblo / samplecell - among others - i was alittle apprehensive about a 'clean install"
so I install ed a new 'system folder on one of my Audio drives and guess what ........DP3 launched - except it crashes apon quiting - i ll sort that out though - but i DO thank you for reassurring me it wasn't a samplecell / DIGI 001 problem - [ i transferred aprop. ext'ns' pref's / drivers for them ]
anyway ,,, thanks for replying
tranquilty base