Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2015, 04:52 PM

Default video playback error - network clock is not locked - satellite off

Hi there,

I've had a lot of video playback errors again recently. I checked out the VideoEngine log file and it's slammed with "Cannot start playback, The network clock is not locked"

I searched the forum and found that this may be satellite related but my satellite mode is turned off. What I found is that when I choose another IP address in the satellite settings, the video engine crashes immediately and won't work anymore even after an AVE restart. So in fact this error may be network connected. This would make sense in a way because I had to move to another edit room with totally different network settings. And this is about when it started. PT is also giving me a lot of AAE 6101 (CPU overload error) which must be caused by something else, as the machine is actually way too fast for CPU errors.

Did anybody ever have that problem?

Many thanks,
Markus

PT 11.3
OSX 10.10.1
New MAC PRO 6 core
BM ultrastudio mini monitor, BM Desktop Video 10.3.5
Old 01-26-2015, 11:49 AM

Default Re: video playback error - network clock is not locked - satellite off

I received this error constantly and couldn't get video to play. My circumstances are completely different though, I was on a Windows laptop. No satellite, non-HD, basic editing setup.

Couldn't figure it out until I noticed I had pulled in the H264 version of my video instead of ProRes. Dropped in the ProRes and fixed immediately. So the lesson for me is the error message is not always helpful... but that's pretty standard for PT errors I suppose.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:28 AM

Default Re: video playback error - network clock is not locked - satellite off

Yeah, it's a bit funny. Well even if I physically disconnect all network connections and turn off WIFI the error would still occur. I'm running Avid DNxHD 115 codec at the moment. I found though that the BM Desktop Video 10.3.4 driver seems to be way more stable on my system so downgrading to that helped quite a bit.