How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2021, 03:40 AM

Default Waves V13 slow loading

Hi forum,

I'm experiencing extremely slow loading times of session with Waves V13 plug-ins. A session containing 10 empty tracks with only a RenCompressor on each takes about 50 seconds to load. You can see in the pop-up window during session start that PT struggles with these tracks, others are loaded quickly.

Additionally, clicking the Preset Selector button on any Waves V13 results in a spinning beach ball for about 2 seconds. However presets load instantly with the arrow buttons. This also happens in Reaper, so it's not a PT issue.

Anyone experiencing the same? Is it correct, that the Waves Presets folders in installed under users/shared. I have the feeling it's a permissions issue but permissions are repaired.

This is on Mojave with the PT Ultimate 2021.12.
Old 12-28-2021, 03:42 AM

Default Re: Waves V13 slow loading

It is pretty common when you need to use WavesHell. Life without it has been awesome
Old 12-28-2021, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
It is pretty common when you need to use WavesHell. Life without it has been awesome

Is there any way for you to help without complaining about Waves? We get it. You don’t like Waves plugins, but many people do, and your incessant need to discredit Waves plugins is not helpful to others who might need help with them.

If you don’t have anything useful to say, please refrain from responding to these types of posts. It’s just negative banter and doesn’t contribute anything to the forum.
Old 12-28-2021, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonopolis View Post
Hi forum,

I'm experiencing extremely slow loading times of session with Waves V13 plug-ins. A session containing 10 empty tracks with only a RenCompressor on each takes about 50 seconds to load. You can see in the pop-up window during session start that PT struggles with these tracks, others are loaded quickly.

Additionally, clicking the Preset Selector button on any Waves V13 results in a spinning beach ball for about 2 seconds. However presets load instantly with the arrow buttons. This also happens in Reaper, so it's not a PT issue.

Anyone experiencing the same? Is it correct, that the Waves Presets folders in installed under users/shared. I have the feeling it's a permissions issue but permissions are repaired.

It’s possible this is an issue with Waves v13 running on Mojave or if your system an older Mac that doesn’t have a Metal video card. Metal is required for v13

This is on Mojave with the PT Ultimate 2021.12.
Maybe a Mojave thing? If you’re on an older Mac, be sure your video card is Metal compatible. V13 requires Metal.

Otherwise Waves support tends to be very helpful
Old 12-28-2021, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
Is there any way for you to help without complaining about Waves? We get it. You don’t like Waves plugins, but many people do, and your incessant need to discredit Waves plugins is not helpful to others who might need help with them.

If you don’t have anything useful to say, please refrain from responding to these types of posts. It’s just negative banter and doesn’t contribute anything to the forum.
Just pointing that removing one bit from the system has made everything so much more stable and snappy. Prove me wrong and I stand corrected.
Old 12-28-2021, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Just pointing that removing one bit from the system has made everything so much more stable and snappy. Prove me wrong and I stand corrected.
Prove you wrong? No thanks, I left my childhood playground banter on the school yard about 40 years ago.

I didn’t realize this forum was about competing for fastest system performance.

Happy New Year
Old 12-28-2021, 06:45 AM

Happy New Year everyone.

Just a final word. Waves used to be good when they back in the day had TDM plugins and iLok authorization. But these new systems are a total mess. I wasn't a Waves Hater (which I am being called) a decade ago, go figure.
Old 12-28-2021, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
Maybe a Mojave thing? If you’re on an older Mac, be sure your video card is Metal compatible. V13 requires Metal.

Otherwise Waves support tends to be very helpful
Thank you. Just double checked. It's an older machine but it is Metal compatible.

Could anyone please check if that location of the presets folder is correct in users/shared/waves and how the permissions must be there?
Old 12-28-2021, 07:26 AM

Quote:
how the permissions must be
If you are absolutely certain your admin protools user is the only one using that computer, you can go to Terminal and issue this command:

Code:
sudo chmod -Rf 755 /Applications
sudo chmod -Rf 755 /Library
sudo chmod -Rf 755 ~/Library
Bad idea if it is a shared computer, mind you.
Old 12-28-2021, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Thank you. Just double checked. It's an older machine but it is Metal compatible.

Could anyone please check if that location of the presets folder is correct in users/shared/waves and how the permissions must be there?
This is the location on my system and I'm running Mojave.

Permissions are set for Read & Write