Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces

Old 04-23-2014, 06:39 AM

Default M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R problems

Hi All.

I am new to this forum and I need help. So far Avid have not been able to help much at all.
I have Pro Tools 11 and I am using the interface M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R all running on my new iMac which has an operating system OSX 10.9.2

The issue is clicks and pops on audio recorded via mic. DI is a bit better and Midi seem not to be a problem.
I have updated drivers, supplied Avid with a full system report and no matter what, I am still having issues. I have surge protectors on the plugs, a whole set of new cables, new mics.

From what I can understand from Avid, it's some sort of issue with the new Macs and Avid's software not communicating.
Has anyone got any work arounds they can suggest or best of all, solutions?
Old 04-23-2014, 08:27 PM

Default Re: M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord View Post
Hi All.

I am new to this forum and I need help. So far Avid have not been able to help much at all.
I have Pro Tools 11 and I am using the interface M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R all running on my new iMac which has an operating system OSX 10.9.2

The issue is clicks and pops on audio recorded via mic. DI is a bit better and Midi seem not to be a problem.
I have updated drivers, supplied Avid with a full system report and no matter what, I am still having issues. I have surge protectors on the plugs, a whole set of new cables, new mics.

Hi, start here:

Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!

and make sure you go through all the Optimizations and Troubleshooting.

It might be helpful if you could post an audio sample with the clicks/pops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord View Post
From what I can understand from Avid, it's some sort of issue with the new Macs and Avid's software not communicating.
Has anyone got any work arounds they can suggest or best of all, solutions?
This doesn't make sense - are you sure they didn't mean a communication issue between the Mac and the Fast Track Ultra? Have you tried a different cable from the Fast Track Ultra to the Mac? What buffer are you recording with?

Chris
Rascal Audio Tonebuss 24
Slate Digital VRS8

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P
i7 6700K 4.1 GHz
32GB DDR4
macOS 10.15.7
UAD-2 Octo Core PCIe
Pro Tools HD 2022.5