Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2009, 09:10 AM

Default TC MD3 problem

I bought a new TC Production Bundle for Digidesign Venue about three months ago.

Everything else is ok but I have problems with MD3 metering. Compressor/expander meters are not working, they are not showing compression, so meters don´t react even if I can hear really heavy compression. Input/output meters works normally. Otherwise plugin works well and I use it but metering would be nice extra :)

I have installed everything few times and also downloaded/unzipped files using Mac and PC but the same problem continues.

I asked about this problem from TC support almost three months ago but they haven´t answered yet; not very good support...

So if somebody can help me it would be great!

Cheers,

Janne
Old 05-08-2009, 02:44 PM

Question Re: TC MD3 problem

it is also 26 samples and throws the time alinement off. any ideas?
Old 05-08-2009, 07:19 PM

Default Re: TC MD3 problem

Hello Janne;

I'm running v1.1.10 of MD3, and not seeing the metering problem. The only issue I've run into with TC Electronics is that occasionally when retargeting one of their plug-ins and then attempting to change a parameter with the cursor, it'll miss the first click. It always responds to the second one though. I've passed on what you're seeing to TC Electronics.

djaudio, I'm also seeing 26 samples. Phase cancellation still works for me & Delay Compensation only comes into play with audio bussed to outputs... what do you mean by time alignment?
Old 05-09-2009, 12:30 AM

Default Re: TC MD3 problem

Thanks Jon! So it got to be something in my setup.

Maybe I´ll disable every other plugins (Waves API bundle, Phoenix etc.) and try to figure out what is the reason to this strange behavior. If I find something I let you know.