Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > Buy & Sell
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2015, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by propower View Post
Fascinating....

They are also selling 10/11/12 vanilla for $299 ??

What does it all mean?

For Vanilla - forget the Support Plan and just pay $299 whenever you want and sell your old one?

For HD - forget Support plan and pay $1299 when ever you want? Sell your old one too?
It would change everything about the new policy - as I see it.

It means a perpetual license that expires is not $899 entry cost to get going again. It all start to make sense if Avid announced lowering prices(or increasing margins to retailers, not touching MSRP).

I don't think PT12 can be sold without a support plan.

What took them so long?
Q1 result in the red, Q2 looks even worse?

StudioOne v3.0 launched on May 20th(day before yesterday)?

Just a campaign - like Waves do?
Old 05-22-2015, 04:26 AM

It looks like PT HD's price in the books of Avid independent of hardware may be $2999.

That raises some questions:

So what could then be a reasonable price for an upgrade?

But wait, they want to lock you in a subscription plan?

What does that mean for HD independent of Avid hardware?
Old 05-22-2015, 06:21 AM

I also would be interested to see what the "official" response is on this. I've never had a single issue dealing with AudioDeluxe, in face I have bought several pieces of software and plugins from them over the years without issue. So they must have some official channels...
Old 05-22-2015, 06:43 AM

Yeah, AudioDeluxe is my preferred plugin dealer; I've spent thousands there over the past few years. Curious, indeed. As usual, crickets from Avid however.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:31 AM

Hoping also that this is not a one-off, end of line thing, (every couple of years would suit me just fine though)!

If it doesn't come with a support plan, I assume the asset would be re-sellable?

AudioDeluxe have never let me down yet… they might not be popular with Avid & other manufacturers for undercutting MSRP's, but they seem to be a thriving business, so just goes to show how much software is being marked up by (some) manufacturers.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
$1299 if you have an account with them. Just register.
Considering getting this one but need to be sure:
1) can use PT12 HD software on a completely Native system?
2) can use PT12 HD software with all Native AAX 64bit plugs?
3) can use PT12 HD software with any 3rd party audio interface like Apogee Quartet or Universal Audio Apollos etc.?

Long time PT user, also have worked on HD but never owned it myself, so I need serious advice from you HD owners/users,
please, before spending that much money!

Using a new MBP Retina 15" 2,5GHz, 16GB Ram, 512GB Flash drive with several 3rd party audio interfaces and another external monitor.
I have got tons of Native plugs and VIs I have spent a big bunch of money on over the years, so I really need to be sure to be able to use
it with PT12 HD software. Any disadvantages?
I actually think it should be ok, but as mentioned before, I really need to be sure.

Thanks a lot in advance, VRW
Old 05-22-2015, 07:38 AM

1) can use PT12 HD software on a completely Native system? YES
2) can use PT12 HD software with all Native AAX 64bit plugs? YES
3) can use PT12 HD software with any 3rd party audio interface like Apogee Quartet or Universal Audio Apollos etc.? YES

Long time PT user, also have worked on HD but never owned it myself, so I need serious advice from you HD owners/users,

Using a new MBP Retina 15" 2,5GHz, 16GB Ram, 512GB Flash drive with several 3rd party audio interfaces and another external monitor.
I have got tons of Native plugs and VIs I have spent a big bunch of money on over the years, so I really need to be sure to be able to use
I actually think it should be ok, but as mentioned before, I really need to be sure.

Just make sure that your plugins and vi's are up to date and you should have no problems. I haven't had any with my upgrade to PT 12 HD

Wave-T.com
Old 05-22-2015, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
1) can use PT12 HD software on a completely Native system? YES
2) can use PT12 HD software with all Native AAX 64bit plugs? YES
3) can use PT12 HD software with any 3rd party audio interface like Apogee Quartet or Universal Audio Apollos etc.? YES

Just make sure that your plugins and vi's are up to date and you should have no problems. I haven't had any with my upgrade to PT 12 HD
Thanks a lot!
Old 05-22-2015, 07:42 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by conleec View Post
Yeah, AudioDeluxe is my preferred plugin dealer; I've spent thousands there over the past few years. Curious, indeed. As usual, crickets from Avid however.
I replied to you on the Avid Editors of Facebook page...

"This company - AudioDeluxe is not an Avid Reseller, so any transactions with them should be treated like a private party purchase/sale."

Marianna

[email protected]
cell +1 (813) 493-6800
AOL IM avidmarianna
Twitter Avidmarianna

We're Avid. Learn more at www.avid.com
Old 05-22-2015, 08:19 AM

""This company - AudioDeluxe is not an Avid Reseller, so any transactions with them should be treated like a private party purchase/sale."

Marianna

Wow, be our Advocate! Avid should read between the lines on this post as to the potential interest.