Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2022, 06:42 AM

Default Is HD Native PC supported?

How is Avid expecting us to connect the MTRX Studio to HD Native PC? Is this a supported configuration?
Old 09-13-2022, 09:19 AM

Default Re: Is HD Native PC supported?

What is "HD Native PC"?

You mean a Windows PC? You find a PCIe HD Native card or a HDX card(s) and install it in a slot(s) in the computer.

Unless you already have an investment in Digilink systems or *need* HDX I would personally avoid it. It makes little sense at the low-end to get locked into this ecosystem. There really is just no reason to go HD Native.
Old 09-13-2022, 03:45 PM

If you have a working HD Native PCIe card it should work with the MTRX Studio as a standard Digilink interface. DADMan runs on Windows as well as Mac.
Old 09-18-2022, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
What is "HD Native PC"?

You mean a Windows PC? You find a PCIe HD Native card or a HDX card(s) and install it in a slot(s) in the computer.

Unless you already have an investment in Digilink systems or *need* HDX I would personally avoid it. It makes little sense at the low-end to get locked into this ecosystem. There really is just no reason to go HD Native.
Wait are you saying you can run Pro Tools and MTRX Studio without HD Native?
Old 09-18-2022, 07:10 AM

Technically you could use it via Dante, but that's not ideal for any low latency recording. I believe Darryl was suggesting a less expensive interface in general.

To use MTRX Studio with a Windows PC, you would need either an HDX card or (now discontinued) HD Native PCIe card.

If you are on a Mac, you would also have the option of the HD Native thunderbolt unit (which is still a current product).
Old 09-18-2022, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
Technically you could use it via Dante, but that's not ideal for any low latency recording. I believe Darryl was suggesting a less expensive interface in general.

To use MTRX Studio with a Windows PC, you would need either an HDX card or (now discontinued) HD Native PCIe card.

If you are on a Mac, you would also have the option of the HD Native thunderbolt unit (which is still a current product).
You can use it with the HD Native Thunderbolt box. Yes, there are PCs that include Thunderbolt ports. You just have to look closely at the specs. I use HD Native Thunderbolt with my Lenovo laptop in my signature from 5 years ago now. Works great. I use the Apple TB3 to TB2 adapter and it works flawlessly.

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 09-18-2022, 11:28 AM

Thanks JC.

I knew Windows could do Thunderbolt, but for some reason I thought there was extra drivers needed or something that made that particular product incompatible with Windows. I was obviously wrong. Glad to hear that it works fine.