Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2004, 10:21 AM

Default Sync to SMPTE timing issues...?

I guess I have brought this upon myself by upgrading to PT 6.7cs2 and Digital Performer 4.5 and using Mac OS X 10.3.6 (which, as far as I know, is not yet blessed)....

Anyway, If I setup Digital Performer to synch to SMPTE to play back a simple quarter note click and set PT to record in sync to SMPTE... then, record the same click track several different times on several different PT tracks, the location of the click events in PT can (doesn't always, but usually does) VARY.

I've been using PT and Performer for years. Never saw this before.

Performer is set to "MIDI ONLY". The MIDI interface is a MOTU MTP A/V (USB) with the word clock cable connected from the MTP to my 192. The setup menu has been set to many different settings without a different result... but right now PT is set to "no freewheeling" if that makes a difference.

Perhaps this would be better posted on the Post production section of the DUC. But, seems to be more traffic here.

Anybody got a guess?
Old 11-27-2004, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Sync to SMPTE timing issues...?

Quote:
If I setup Digital Performer to synch to SMPTE to play back a simple quarter note click and set PT to record in sync to SMPTE...
What's the master? DP or PT? I can't tell based on your terminology.