Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 10-25-2021, 10:02 PM

Default Debreath softkey

Dear fellow musicians,
I recently got an avid dock and I really love it. I just wandered if there would be a way to make „debreath“ editing easier. Up to now I select the region (via trackpad), press a softkey to cut that region, lower gain by around 21dB (via trackpad) and crossfade start and end (again via trackpad). Is it possible to just select the region and simply press a softkey?
If anyone knows a solution I would be hugely grateful (as i am doing accappella projects and not a big fan of waves plugin solution)
Thanks a lot

Lukas
Old 10-25-2021, 11:57 PM

Default Re: Debreath softkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinise View Post
Dear fellow musicians,
I recently got an avid dock and I really love it. I just wandered if there would be a way to make „debreath“ editing easier. Up to now I select the region (via trackpad), press a softkey to cut that region, lower gain by around 21dB (via trackpad) and crossfade start and end (again via trackpad). Is it possible to just select the region and simply press a softkey?
If anyone knows a solution I would be hugely grateful (as i am doing accappella projects and not a big fan of waves plugin solution)
Thanks a lot

Lukas
If you do this kind of thing a lot then https://soundflow.org/ is your friend!
Old 10-26-2021, 08:17 AM

Don't know what kind of machine/OS you're on, but on a Mac you could do something like this with Keyboard Maestro (I have a KM macro for doing almost exactly this). That said, Dave is right that Soundflow eats these kinds of tasks for breakfast.

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6
Old 10-27-2021, 09:03 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. Soundflow sounds like a total beast for all kind of shortcuts.
If I understand correctly from a couple of tutorial videos, the dock should also be able to trigger a macro/script etc. @Marsdy. I am also on Mac OS. How did you set up Keymaestro?Maybe that plus trigger by softkey is exactly what I was looking for. Or do you guys have any other suggestions?