Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018

Old 02-08-2019, 02:03 PM

Default Re: Record enabled tracks playing back early

LLM is the only way i know of, that lets me turn off software monitoring in pt. I monitor through an external desk, that‘s why I need it and don‘t find it useless if it works. The bug discussed here is abstinent in 2018.4 as far is i know.
Old 03-28-2023, 07:34 AM

has this issue been resolved? as the original poster suggested, it's a fairly new issue (post 2018) but still exists in current versions of pt (as of 2023). it happens with apollo AND carbon interfaces...both exhibit this annoying early playback on record enabled tracks. it's not a LLM issue. LLM is not even available when running carbon interfaces. i do wonder if teh presence of VI's in my session like Kontakt etc., have anything to do with it. My next step is to leave PT behind for good unfortunately. none of the other daws i use exhibit this issue with the same plugs and hardware. never used to happen in the pre 2020 era.
Nashville, TN
www.fabmusic.com
Old 03-28-2023, 07:59 AM

Do you have ignore errors enabled? Try turning that off, works around similar issues in other user cases.

There are too many ADC related stupid bugs in Pro Tools, that need attention. Unclear why Avid is unable to address these issues.
Old 03-28-2023, 11:15 AM

I don’t think so.. I just don’t put plugins on the stuff I’m recording or things I wanna playback. It’s not a great workaround, I know.. but it’s the only way I’ve found that works.