Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > MBOX Studio

Old 02-19-2023, 03:10 PM

Default Loopback

I'm finding my new MBOX Studio to be a fantastic device - the audio is out if this world, and an upgrade from Scarlett 8i18 to MBOX Studio - I am just thrilled....it is another league.

The documentation though - there's a bit room for improvement, and I am still struggling to understand MBOX Control, which I find slightly confusing.

I am fairly unexperienced in playing with Loopback/Send&Return - but I would like to be able to use Input 7 & 8 as send return to a Behringer MDX2600 - and blend this in on my signal input 1-6, or alternatively being able to route the signal from 1-6 to the MDX 2600.

I am not a Pro Tools user (I've been working with LPX for 8 years), so how do I set this up?

Kind regards
Peter
Old 02-23-2023, 11:04 PM

Default Re: Loopback

Welcome to the community.

Connect the processor to your MBOX Studio like the guide shows on pg 59 (MBOX FX Sends to processor inputs, and processor outputs to MBOX FX Returns).

In MBOX Control click Line/FX 1/2 in Hardware Output then turn up the fader for Internal 7/8 in Software Input. (see screenshot)

You have multiple options in PT, a couple for example...
  • Put Sends 7/8 on your Audio track(s) and add an Aux track set to Inputs 7/8 for the return (this allows you to control different amounts of each track feeding the processor, as well as the overall level of the processed audio)
  • Put Insert 7/8 on your Master Fader (to process the whole mix)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2023-02-23 at 10.43.30 PM.jpg (45.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-24-2023, 03:05 AM
Avid

Cool Re: Loopback

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrbaltzer View Post
I'm finding my new MBOX Studio to be a fantastic device - the audio is out if this world, and an upgrade from Scarlett 8i18 to MBOX Studio - I am just thrilled....it is another league.

The documentation though - there's a bit room for improvement, and I am still struggling to understand MBOX Control, which I find slightly confusing.

I am fairly unexperienced in playing with Loopback/Send&Return - but I would like to be able to use Input 7 & 8 as send return to a Behringer MDX2600 - and blend this in on my signal input 1-6, or alternatively being able to route the signal from 1-6 to the MDX 2600.

I am not a Pro Tools user (I've been working with LPX for 8 years), so how do I set this up?

Kind regards
Peter
This video may be helpful. At 1:31 TJ shows how to set up an external FX loop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Meeg9SuPzyI&t=91s