Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 02-22-2016, 12:50 PM

Default Dumbass iLok and Pro Tools rubbish

So this is great - I install Soundtoys V5. Now Pro Tools asks me to activate. I go into ilok manager and there is the licence. Sitting there. On my iLok. I start Pro Tools and it asks me to activate. I input my account details and I it says i have no licences in my account, or none of the licenses there have activations available. What the hell is this rubbish? Oh, it offers me the chance to purchase a licence... Can some tech support people fix this asap - to be locked out of one's DAW is a disgusting.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:12 PM

Default Re: Dumbass iLok and Pro Tools rubbish

So somehow after messing around and rebooting and shifting USB sockets and deactivating and then reactivating and syncing i somehow get back to what seems to be a working system. Are we not insane to use a DAW that is dependent on a USB stick jiggling licenses about?
Old 02-22-2016, 01:20 PM

I think Sound toys installer installs too the ilok license "drivers", you need to install the latest from the iLok site after installing those plugins.

Dialog Editor, Sound Designer, Re-Recording mixer

nMacPro 6Core/D500/512GB/64Gb ram | PT HD 12 HDN Thunderbolt | HD OMNI | Avid Artist Mix | Novation Impulse 25 | Waves Mercury Native | Audioease All In Bundle | SoundToys | McDSP Classic Pack | DUY Overpack | Arturia Beatstep Pro
Old 02-23-2016, 03:19 AM

Cheers. But I checked iLok was at the latest iteration before installation. It seemed to be some kind of a weird sync issue where all the activated licences were suddenly not being read as activated by Po Tools. This iLok stuff is a real spaghetti and an utter world of pain...
Old 02-23-2016, 04:41 AM

But after you install Soundtoys, the soundtoys installations as replaced the driver for the one that was incldued in that installer (normally is older)

Dialog Editor, Sound Designer, Re-Recording mixer

nMacPro 6Core/D500/512GB/64Gb ram | PT HD 12 HDN Thunderbolt | HD OMNI | Avid Artist Mix | Novation Impulse 25 | Waves Mercury Native | Audioease All In Bundle | SoundToys | McDSP Classic Pack | DUY Overpack | Arturia Beatstep Pro
Old 02-23-2016, 10:57 AM

Nope - it's still the latest version.