Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 01-29-2016, 06:55 AM

Default Protools 10/11/12 license disappeared suddenly after updating... urgent!

Hello,

So we are re-installing our software in 1 of our control rooms. And suddenly after installing sound toys v5. Protools don't find any license on one of my Iloks. I bought Protools 9 some years ago from scratch and upgraded to 10/11/12 by a upgrade plan. Everything worked great like till this morning. I had 1 hard drive with OS X 10.8 with PT10 and 1 hard drive with OS X 10.10 with PT12. This worked great for couple of months.
Today we re-installed the 10.10 disk (upgrading PT12.3 to PT12.4) and here is everything go strange and not working anymore. Even on the 10.8 with PT10 is saying...no ilok license... insert Ilok.

I got 2 iloks.
Ilok1 - pt9 to 10/11/12 upgrade plan (upgrade plan is actived) but no sign of a license of PT software

Ilok2 - Pt8 m-powered to 10/11/12 upgrade plan) everything is fine.

Even in the Application Manager under "licensing", Protools stated : "not actived" ... But in my AVID account on the web everythings is ok.

If I start protools 12, its says to actived Ilok... I click ok... and it say's that I don't have any licenses in my account and non pending deliveries for licenses to authorize... and asking me to buy protools 12...

So what's happing and who do I contact to get this sorted out. Monday we need to be up and running!
Old 01-29-2016, 07:11 AM

Default Re: Protools 10/11/12 license disappeared suddenly after updating... urgent!

Hi,

Sound toys, Steven Slate and many others manufactures install iLok driver too when you install there plugins and if they have old version of iLok that errors occurred.

Just go to www.ilok.com download the latest ilok license manager, install it and all be fine.

The thing that is most important is to have the Pro tools iLok asset in your ILOK account / Ilok v2 usb. If they are there, is a software problem. If they aren't there, you need to contact iLok support and Avid to see what have happen.

Regards,

Dialog Editor, Sound Designer, Re-Recording mixer

nMacPro 6Core/D500/512GB/64Gb ram | PT HD 12 HDN Thunderbolt | HD OMNI | Avid Artist Mix | Novation Impulse 25 | Waves Mercury Native | Audioease All In Bundle | SoundToys | McDSP Classic Pack | DUY Overpack | Arturia Beatstep Pro
Old 01-29-2016, 07:27 AM

Default Re: Protools 10/11/12 license disappeared suddenly after updating... urgent!

Well thats what I tough also but no.
Its like that my license completely disappeared from my account at Avid and Ilok...
Old 01-29-2016, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Music View Post
Well thats what I tough also but no.
Its like that my license completely disappeared from my account at Avid and Ilok...
Then you need to contact iLok support and Avid. They will help you out.

Dialog Editor, Sound Designer, Re-Recording mixer

nMacPro 6Core/D500/512GB/64Gb ram | PT HD 12 HDN Thunderbolt | HD OMNI | Avid Artist Mix | Novation Impulse 25 | Waves Mercury Native | Audioease All In Bundle | SoundToys | McDSP Classic Pack | DUY Overpack | Arturia Beatstep Pro
Old 02-26-2016, 02:27 AM

Admins>?

Could somebody help me out? I need to renew my license upgrade path end of this month... But I'm not doing it if i'm not getting my real license back...

/edit/
thank. you

Last edited by M Music; 02-26-2016 at 02:07 PM.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Music View Post
Could somebody help me out?...
Sorry to hear you are having trouble. I'd recommend removing your personal/account info from your posts (since this is a public forum) and starting a support case via Access The Support Center > Equipment > Create A Case in your Avid account so that a CS rep can review your accounts and sort this out.