Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 08-05-2022, 12:22 PM

Default Re: Is there a way to NEVER import i/o from a session AGAIN?

When you have the choice of viewing existing or previously used i/o

And you also have the choice of saving and replacing and reverting to your i/o or back to the previous i/o

Isn't the fact that a session might go BACK to the same facility or system as did use that i/o

Isn't that only a good thing to have possible? If it was just one way, that wouldn't be preferred by a whole bunch of people, previous i/o would always get lost etc....

It sounds a bit like saying "Session Templates are not too flexible, I wish I could just more easily copy and paste PTX files to get what I want" instead of doing what you want with copy and pasting PTX files but leaving Session Template workflow for everyone else.

No one says that, I think. For me, I prefer to have my i/o or the previous i/o, and saving and reverting/converting to my i/o manually and optionally by my choice is the clear preference to me. I like not being forced, for sure. The option could exist "always default to my i/o even though sometimes things (existing i/o) would break in sessions coming from somewhere else".

That is a valid point, I suppose, if it would suit you. It takes less than a minute for me to deal with i/o once per session transfer. The macro/shortcut methods offered above seem very flexible. Just part of setting up to go. There is definitely a lot to keep in mind when booting and loading up, it could be smoother in some cases..
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //