How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2014, 11:24 PM

Default Sync problems between PT9 and Reason 6

Hi,

This is a problem I've had for a while and have seen other posts with the same problem, but no answers. I hope that there's someone out there that can help!

I'm running Pro Tools 9.0.3 and Reason 6. When I play a song (even just a couple tracks in PT and no instruments in Reason, just watching the timelines) the sync is off. For example, if I have a certain change that comes in at bar 84, if I start before that bar, the change happens at bar 84 when looking at the timeline in Reason. However, if I change the buffer to 128 or less and I start a little before bar 84, watching the timeline in Reason, the change comes too early.

I did see where someone else was asking about the cursor speed in Reason. This is another way to look at it. With a higher buffer, the cursor moves quickly (normal) and is synced with PT. With a lower buffer the cursor moves slowly and is out of sync with PT.

I searched on here and the Reason forums page, along with google searches. I have performed the General Troubleshooting that is listed on this site along with the setup guide. And I know about running Reason in 32 bit mode, so that is not part of the issue.

My specs are: Mac Pro 2.8 GHz, OSX 10.6.4, Digi 003 rack+, Pro Tools 9.0.3, 12 GB Ram, OWC Mercury Elite AL Pro external hard drive for record/playback connected by firewire. No other peripherals are attached.

Thank you!
Paul