How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 06-27-2013, 08:49 AM

Default Re: Microphone Emulators

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepresident777 View Post
... So, is there an attenuator emulation in any of these modelers? No.

..... And, in the end, it's all digital. There is no good reason to limit people's options. We are talking about music after all.
What options are you talking about and why would you need an attenuator? Are you talking about the Eleven Rack?
Old 06-27-2013, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
What options are you talking about and why would you need an attenuator? Are you talking about the Eleven Rack?
Everything in music is optional. I need it for the same reason I need anything else in music.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Everything in music is optional. I need it for the same reason I need anything else in music.
Now you're talking in riddlesWhat is it that you need from the ELeven Rack to do?
Old 06-27-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
Now you're talking in riddlesWhat is it that you need from the ELeven Rack to do?
I just want to get rid of the mic emulation.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:01 AM

I guess my point is that it's scientifically impossible to simulate a mic-less cabinet. Even sims that claim to do so are just using an alternate mic simulation - that of a stereo pair however many feet back, to simulate how are ears hear in the room.

As I mentioned before, how do we know what a speaker sounds like? It's all based on where we're standing. If you stand 2 feet from a gun being fired, it's a loud pop. If you are 1000 feet away, it sounds very different.

It's like the old saying, if a tree falls and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound. So whatever is simulating an amp in a room, is still an emulation based on what is captured by microphones.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
I guess my point is that it's scientifically impossible to simulate a mic-less cabinet. Even sims that claim to do so are just using an alternate mic simulation - that of a stereo pair however many feet back, to simulate how are ears hear in the room.

As I mentioned before, how do we know what a speaker sounds like? It's all based on where we're standing. If you stand 2 feet from a gun being fired, it's a loud pop. If you are 1000 feet away, it sounds very different.

It's like the old saying, if a tree falls and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound. So whatever is simulating an amp in a room, is still an emulation based on what is captured by microphones.
Then I must be imagining that I hear sound coming from my amp when I sit in front of it and play.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
I just want to get rid of the mic emulation.
Can't remove the MIC and still have speaker simulations on any modeler or software device. Vandal, a software modeler made by Magix don't use impulse response to simulate speakers, instead they use formulas and physical modeling. Still I don't believe they have a "no mic" option but the mics are simulated using physical modeling but you can check it out. Otherwise you can disable The cab in the eleven Rack and lower the "amp output" which simulates power amp and use a real power amp into real guitar cabinet.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:48 PM

Walking away... OP seems to be more interesting in grousing about how 11R has failed his post-purchase expectations than in acting upon offered suggestions and alternatives.

Good luck, whatever your agenda...
Old 06-27-2013, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TieDyedDevil View Post
Walking away... OP seems to be more interesting in grousing about how 11R has failed his post-purchase expectations than in acting upon offered suggestions and alternatives.

Good luck, whatever your agenda...
I asked a simple yes or no question. Read my original post if you don't believe me.

In response I got the answer then a whole lot of close minded opinion about what I want being impossible or unacceptable.

Oh, yeah, I'm going to just go to the store tonight and buy a boss g100, line 6 something or other, Magix something or other, etc. to show you guys I really really appreciate your time because I wouldn't want to be thought un-serious. Yeah, I have that kind of pocket.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:21 PM

President,

You are of course not imagining that you hear your amp in the room. But if a product wanted to emulate that, they would need to capture that sound with microphones to be able to do that, which means it's just another mic emulation when all is said and done.

But whatever you decide, don't let this discussion take away from the joy of rocking out with whatever product you choose.