Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2012, 02:03 PM

Default Pro Tools 'broken' after 10.1.2 update

Okay so here's the story,
First I updated from a perfectly working 10.0.1, to 10.1.2

After this update it simply wouldn't start, and it turned out to be due to the reason in this thread: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=321087
So that was fine and I managed to get some work done today thankfully.

but then I exited after exporting the audio to use in Melodyne, and found i'd forgotten to export a couple of parts.
So I went to open PT again, and it just hung on 'Initializing Database'

I've been through the process of removing database/preference files (as per these instructions: http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/...ws-xp-windows/),
and even resorted to Revo Uninstaller to completely wipe everything relating to the application from my system, but every time I re-install I get the same issue.
I have tried re-installing back to 10.0.1 and to 10.1.2 but the same issue occurs every time.

It DOES work if i just install 10.0.0 and leave it, but obviously I don't want to be on an initial release because PT is buggy enough without being on a first release, and a lot has been fixed since then.
And of course it's just delaying this problem coming up again probably, because at some point i'll have to update to PT11 and probably run into this issue again (since i'm hitting it with two supposedly stable updates).

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Nick