Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2022, 10:44 AM

Default Re: Really ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arche3 View Post
Calm down people. Nobody is outraged. Or is it people outraged about others being outraged?

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk
Nailed it.
Old 04-22-2022, 10:47 AM

"Ok shil-sh then,,,does not change the accusatory tone ."

Whatever.
Old 04-22-2022, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
"if this is indeed the case" what type of self-centered selfish numbskull are you?
HUH just trying to keep the show on the road and clients happy
Quote:
Avid is a partner with Global Logic based in the Ukraine.
Maybe they should have realized that when there were signs of the invasion for months. Apple moved a ton of stuff out of China due to CV19 - You what they say don't keep all your eggs in one basket. There are plenty of great coders in the US - that no excuse Avid did that move out of corporate greed pure and simple - well I guess the chickens have come to roost
Quote:
who cares, native support for Pro Tools.
I care - Avid has not always been slow Native Intel Support came in months NOT YEARS!! Plus were were not paying annual fees for no upgrades like we are today - typical updates back then were weeks apart NOT MONTHS apart.

Quote:
If lack of native support today is making or breaking your ability to get work done or earn money with Pro Tools something else is likely wrong.
No but it forced us to replace our 2013 Mac Pro's with 2019 Mac Pro's instead on Mac Studio's
Old 04-22-2022, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBové View Post
Hi everyone,

I know this is a topic everyone is passionate about, especially a lot of perpetual license holders. As a long-time user and customer myself, I fully understand.

Please permit me to give a little context.

Software development isn’t like putting a hammer to a nail. It takes time and people -- good people. There are multiple teams of people who are tasked with many things to do, large and small. Whether our releases of Pro Tools happen at a cadence of every 5 days, every 55 days, or every 155 days makes no difference when you look at the physical quantity of bugs, features, and workflows that get added. From a software development stance, it is the exact same number of steps to create and to fix the things we need to create and fix.

In fact, the process of releasing in higher quantities actually reduces the number of things that can get fixed and added because the delivery time itself takes time and resources. (It's no different than a television producer standing over my shoulder, asking for a new set of exports that'll take the better part of the day, only to give it all a listen a few days later and ask for a whole 'nother round of changes and exports.)

Sometimes a series of bugs and features can get worked on and released in a very short amount of time because they are what you might consider low-hanging fruit. Other times, larger things get tackled, and become all-hands-on-deck for weeks in order to make brand new things happen that (we hope) our customers will love. Sometimes we even rearrange engineers and managers from one task to another, simply because the tasks themselves need more hands to get things done.

Schedules are also affected by factors we can’t control.

For a long time now, but especially after COVID hit, we’ve all been working remotely, and in multiple countries around the globe.

Plus, for those of you who don’t know, Avid has had many beloved staff members from Ukraine working as engineers and as significant contributors to our production process. These people are key to our success and involved heavily in the processes and schedules for how we are able to get things done. As you can imagine, we are getting constant updates on their safety. Their contributions to all of our apps – from Pro Tools to Sibelius to Media Composer to name a few – has been a real inspiration.

The statement we put out a little over a month ago:
avid.com/press-center/an-open-letter-of-support-for-ukraine

We have incredibly hard working people here at Avid. I'm on my tenth straight 16-hour day. I just watched the Media Composer team pull a straight two-week sprint with no breaks getting version 2022.4 out the door, and it is loaded with new stuff people have been wanting for a long time. Same with Sibelius. Same with Pro Tools. I've been in months and months of Pro Tools development meetings, watching an intense amount of development getting done. These people have one completely solid goal in mind -- your workflows. Every single one of them is a Pro Tools user. They eat and sleep the app, and are completely and actively working towards getting as COMPLETE as possible of a release out to you, rather than a FAST release.

All of that effort – very shortly now – is going to hit the streets. Everyone is going to see the results of what we’ve been working on. Very... very... soon.

That’s all I can say for now. Please stay tuned.
Awesome now how about free extra 4 months tagged on our support plans. Throw us a bone!!!
Old 04-22-2022, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchmix View Post
Awesome now how about free extra 4 months tagged on our support plans. Throw us a bone!!!
+1

Old 04-22-2022, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
Wait, What ? If "no one is outraged" ,,,then how can people be outraged about others being outraged Kinda a contradiction don't ya think ?

Personally I am more concerned about the people and the situation in Ukraine than self inflicted outrage over software Obviously others milage may vary.............................................. .................................................. .................................
Pretty sure avids reactions to user sentiment has nothing to do with Ukrain. So why should I care about what Ukrain has to do with Avid?

Avid is nothing if consistent in their relation with audio users.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk
Old 04-22-2022, 11:55 AM

“No but it forced us to replace our 2013 Mac Pro's with 2019 Mac Pro's instead on Mac Studio's.”
Same could be said for it not working on Windows XP anymore, but not many companies write new software for old outdated hardware and operating systems.
(Still using 10.3 on a really old MAC at one of my freelance gigs, by the way, and it does the job for them.)
Nobody’s “making” anybody upgrade. Onward!
Old 04-22-2022, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemylon View Post
+1

+3
Old 04-22-2022, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchmix View Post
...There are plenty of great coders in the US.....
<Sarcasm>How dare you be so xenophobic dewd, I am sooo outraged! Anyone can code this stuff, we don't need US programmers... blah blah blah</sarcasm>
Just adding the sarcasm before the "I'm not outraged" folks jump all over you. Agree with all your points.
Old 04-22-2022, 12:17 PM

Thanks again, Chris! I look forward to your participation in other threads.