Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2016, 05:26 PM

Default WHY does Artist MC Control keep dropping the connection?

The Control is clearly for mixing and, since I work in Nuendo (6.5 & 7), it is nortoriously unreliable! I have never once considered using it to track a session.

I have a desk for tracking, so I don't even bother to turn the MC on for recording sessions. But when I get ready to edit/mix, which may be several days before I need the MC, the MC has dropped it's connection with the DAW! I have to go through all kinds of reboots and other crap to get it to see Nuendo! Sometimes it can take up to an hour before it's back online!

Now, once the connection is re-established and I'm in the edting/mixing stage, it works, for the most part, as it should. I'll fire my mixing projects up for several days straight and the MC is online as it should be. When I hit the recording phase and go longer than 3 or 4 days turning the MC on, the BS cycle starts all over again (WTH?)!

WHY does it keep dropping connections after being off for a couple of days?
What is up with that?!!? It is such a work flow killer to go down ready to start a day's work and then WASTE the first hour or so trying to get your tools to cooperate! Any other users have this problem?