Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2013, 09:10 AM

Default Arturia V Collection Synths Still buggy?

Hi,

There is currently a sale on the Arturia V Collection and I thought to buy it, but then I've read a lot of reviews and comments from the past years saying that the Arturia products have a lot of bugs, their support is basically non existent and that some of the bugs have never been fixed.
At the same time most praise the great sounds you get out of those synths.
So my question is: how do they perform today in PT 11 and Cubase?
What is Your opinion? Is the 50% sale a good deal on those?

Thank You

Piotr
Old 12-18-2013, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Arturia V Collection Synths Still buggy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjano View Post
Hi,

There is currently a sale on the Arturia V Collection and I thought to buy it, but then I've read a lot of reviews and comments from the past years saying that the Arturia products have a lot of bugs, their support is basically non existent and that some of the bugs have never been fixed.
At the same time most praise the great sounds you get out of those synths.
So my question is: how do they perform today in PT 11 and Cubase?
What is Your opinion? Is the 50% sale a good deal on those?

Thank You

Piotr
For the most part if you have a powerful enough system the Arturia instruments are working fine - their stuff is processor hungry. I do have an issue with the CS80V2 (10 voice) version of the CS80 plugin as mentioned in another thread I have here. Would keep crashing PT 11.0.2 when using the plugin selector in a plugin's gui and not changing the plugin from the Insert slot. I didn't have to have that particular plugin in a session it just had to be in the aax plugins folder. Removed it and PT's been okay. Luckily there's a regular version not labeled 10 voice of the CS80 that is okay.

I have the CS80, mini Moog and Moog Modular synths. I've played with Analog Lab which has quite a sampling of the whole synth line (you just can't edit the synths if you don't have the parent synth full version). The aax version of that plugin has given me huge issues so I don't use it but that's not part of the sale.

QAPLA!