Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2011, 02:40 AM

Default iPad toolbar for PT

Can we get an equivalent of this:

http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2011/04...oshop-cs5.html

for PT please? No faders. Just tools, options and most importantly all buttons from the automation control window (command-4).

Thanks!
Old 04-18-2011, 05:31 AM

Default Re: iPad toolbar for PT

Hmmm...I think Protools keyboard shortcuts work great for me and I cannot see how this would increase my workflow. And all this time I've invested training my finger muscles to memorize shortcuts! Oh my God, they would go to waste!

But what about having a separated regions list on the iPad with snappy preview and all metadata info? I wouldn't mind that...
Old 04-18-2011, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonis View Post
Hmmm...I think Protools keyboard shortcuts work great for me and I cannot see how this would increase my workflow. And all this time I've invested training my finger muscles to memorize shortcuts! Oh my God, they would go to waste!

But what about having a separated regions list on the iPad with snappy preview and all metadata info? I wouldn't mind that...
I´m mainly after the current mouse-only (unless you have the 50000$ mouse) buttons. Automation modes etc.
Basically all functions that do not have short-cuts.

What I like about the adobe-app is that it´s freely assignable.

Would be great if we could open AS plugins without going to the drop-down menu and all sorts of other things that make life easier.

Frank.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:03 AM

Put the suggestion up on ideascale. Personally this has zero, nadda, zilch appeal to me. I can use the mouse and keyboard shortcuts now fine when needed and my iPad is busy running as a AC-7 control surface.

Darryl
Old 04-18-2011, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Put the suggestion up on ideascale. Personally this has zero, nadda, zilch appeal to me. I can use the mouse and keyboard shortcuts now fine when needed and my iPad is busy running as a AC-7 control surface.

Darryl
It´s up.

Example:
I press "preview" in the automation window about 50000 times (subjective figure!) every day using the mouse. This is not available on the current controller-apps because they all have to use HUI. HUI only knows the automation functions back from when it was invented. When was that, 10 years ago? PT 5.0?
I bet if AVID opened up some APIs this kind of app would already be here or integrated into the neyrink app or the AC-7.

I´ve found that faders don´t realy work via iPad because you need the tactile feedback when watching the picture but for editing shortscuts it would be great and you wouldn´t have to remember 100 short-cuts and finger-acrobatics ;-)
Old 04-18-2011, 06:53 AM

Yes AC-7 on an iPad is not going to replace a pro desk/surface and tactile feedback is important. But for $7.99 I would rather deal with the iPad touch surface and lack of feel than all the plastic nastiness and reliability problems of the overpriced Euphonix Artist series. Actually I would pay a lot more for AC-7, but don't tell them that.

Darryl
Old 04-18-2011, 07:21 AM

+1

Pro Tools | latest
Mac Mini Server | OSX | Current
16GB Ram | SSHD
Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt
Old 04-18-2011, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Yes AC-7 on an iPad is not going to replace a pro desk/surface and tactile feedback is important. But for $7.99 I would rather deal with the iPad touch surface and lack of feel than all the plastic nastiness and reliability problems of the overpriced Euphonix Artist series. Actually I would pay a lot more for AC-7, but don't tell them that.

Darryl
The C8 is better for me in terms of faders.

Heck, I would pay for an iPad app with just a giant "preview" button
Old 04-18-2011, 07:54 AM

Quote:

Darryl
You can always buy the Neyrinck V-Control Pro if you feel like splashing some cash.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:58 AM

Yes I've noticed that one, but my $7.99 was better spent on AC-7.

I expect good any of the good feature in V-Control Pro will migrate over to AC-7. V-Control Pro wont' win because of their price difference and the number of impulse buyers who will do the $7.99 thing.

Darryl