Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 02-07-2004, 03:10 PM

Default + character causes -9035 on import

I have finally pin pointed one definite 9035 error. When importing session data into a session, any audio file that has the + character in the file name will cause a 9035 error. Renaming the region (including the disk file) will fix the error and then plays fine.

Old 02-08-2004, 11:29 PM

Default Re: + character causes -9035 on import

b
Old 02-09-2004, 08:16 AM

a bit OT but....

9045 errors happen when I open a session on my external FW hard drive WHEN PRO TOOLS EXISTS ON THE EXTERNAL DRIVE. This took me forever to figure out. make sure pro tools is running off your regular drive and not starting off the external FW drives, unelss of course your actually booted off the external drives.
Old 02-10-2004, 08:50 AM

digi,
will you confirm that you passed this along to the machine room?
Old 02-10-2004, 01:43 PM
Avid

Clark,
The + sign should be a legal character. Try this, create a new session with one audio track. Name the play list plus +++ plus. Record a few regions confirm that the audio files created are plus +++ plus_01… 02 … 03. Save the session. Create a new session and import the plus +++ plus track from the first session. It should work, if it doesn’t let us know. Is it possible that the file name is tool long or there is another character causing the problem with the audio files you are trying to import? Let us know.
Thanks,
Digidesign Tech Support
Old 02-11-2004, 01:08 AM

Digi, This goes back to my last post about Protools allowing illegal characters. I have tried this as I said above. I have a large session. I mixed back onto a stereo track. Then I created a new session for mastering purposes. Then, "imported session data" and selected the track with the mixes from the previous session. The track has 10 playlists. One playlist is "master mix voc+1" and as a result the audio file is the same with the addition of "_01.L & _01.R" Once importing is complete I cannot play, I instantly get 9035 error. I double click on the 2 audio files that have a plus in the name and remove the + and then the session plays fine.

This is a bug. The additional point I have been trying to make is that Protools allows me to make this audio with the + character to begin with. What's it going to be? Fix the bug or don't allow use of the + symbol?
Old 02-11-2004, 01:09 AM

fyi,
g5 dual 2
hd3 accel
Old 02-12-2004, 04:06 PM

digi?

Old 02-12-2004, 05:13 PM

I found something related to the illegal character issue. All my sessions were in a folder. Prior to transfering to my drive the engineer renamed the folder. When I tried to open/play any of the sessions I consistently got the -9035 error. I checked the DUC and found this thread. This time when I opened the files I took a closer look at the disk allocation change information upon load. I could see two characters in the folder name that were not visible at the Finder level. They were like ^K. After deleting the folder name and renaming it everything was fine. Is it possible that Mac OSX is allowing illegal characters? I believe the technician renamed the folder at the Finder level, but I'm not positive.

Clarpark, if Digi determines that the + character is indeed OK. It might be possible that your keyboard is sending additional, illegal data when you press the + key. It might be worth checking out with a different keyboard.

Busch.
Old 02-13-2004, 09:46 AM

clarkpark... that is strange. I'm gonna try it today.

I know you guys know this but...

On a related note the other day I started to open a large 96k session that was in a folder named Anything Real/Release (not my naming convention). Knowing the session would take almost two minutes to open, I went to make a cup of tea. When I returened there was a disk full dialog on the screen.

The illegal / character in the folder name caused Protools to copy-duplicate (reprocess) every file in the session, placing them into the same (illegal) location. One 96k session promptly filled a 36gig drive.

I am certain the illegal folder name was created at the finder level.