Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac)

Old 12-28-2015, 09:47 AM

Default Macbook Air and Pro Tools SE 8.0.3 do not recognize the Fast Track C400.

I have had my Fast Track C400 and Pro Tools SE 8.0.3 for about three years now. For the most part, they worked on my previous laptop (a PC), but I am having a few issues getting this system to work on my new laptop (a Macbook Air).

I have downloaded the newest version of Pro Tools SE off of the internet, and I had no problems getting the software installed. When I open the program, it instructs that I attach the hardware, regardless of whether or not the hardware is attached. At first, the Macbook would insist that the hardware attached was actually a keyboard and would ask me to press buttons on this keyboard. It's not doing this anymore, but it still refuses to recognize the Fast Track C400 and will not let me open Pro Tools.

Please help.