Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2015, 05:30 AM

Default MC Control touch button active window under Cubase 8

Hi to all, I've notice recently that some functions that I have previous assigned to my MC control touchcreen, working fine only if the interested window is active....I mean, I've made a button with the Q-Link function, that's for me is a lot useful, but If the mixer window is not active the button doesn't work. The same thing for the 'full zoom' button that works only if the project window is active.
This way is very annoying cause we are forced to use the mouse to activate the interested window and then press the button.....
Is there the way to made always active all the windows? (i have 2 monitors, one for the project and one for the mixer win). Otherwise is there a way to fix it in the eucon settings?
EuCon 4.17.2.121
Eucontrol 2023.11.0.121
Old 11-07-2015, 10:52 AM

Default Re: MC Control touch button active window under Cubase 8

This is apparently a Steinberg issue. I'm a Nuendo user and we have the same complaint, especially since they've updated to Nuendo 7. The multiple window platform is driving a lot of us nuts. We suspect that this was done for Nuage hardware intergration. But if you don't have Nuage............... well, too bad for you.

At present, nobody has found a work around for this issue. The closest any of us has come is (wherever possible) doubling the commands. For example, when I used the softkey to open a channel for editing, it would only open in the mixer window IF I had the mixer window active. If I was in the project window, the channel wouldn't open. The opposite was also true. So, I had to make a seperate button for each to do THE EXACT SAME FUNCTION. If I open the channel in the mixer, I had to select the "mixer button." But if I wanted to open the same channel from the project window, I now had to select the "project" button.

This is a ridiculous waste of time (programming 2 buttons to do the same thing) and resources (the 2nd button takes up the place where you could really use another button doing a different function). But at least we have the option. Those folks not using any kind of controllers are really upset about this active window nonsense!