Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 06-08-2008, 02:45 PM

Default Problems with playback - nothing showing on peak meter

Hi there, I'm new to ProTools and using a 003 Factory. I've recorded my first audio track and think I've correctly assigned the send to Analog 1-2 which I think also equates to the monitor output. However there is no sound from the audio track I've recorded - only from the click track which is also sent to Analog 1-2.

The waveform shows the audio data correctly but the peak meter doesn't move - I don't know enough about this whole thing to be able to identify where I'm going wrong so would be hugely grateful for any suggestions you might have.

M
Old 06-08-2008, 05:29 PM

Default Re: Problems with playback - nothing showing on peak meter

Quote:
Hi there, I'm new to ProTools and using a 003 Factory. I've recorded my first audio track and think I've correctly assigned the send to Analog 1-2 which I think also equates to the monitor output. However there is no sound from the audio track I've recorded - only from the click track which is also sent to Analog 1-2.

The waveform shows the audio data correctly but the peak meter doesn't move - I don't know enough about this whole thing to be able to identify where I'm going wrong so would be hugely grateful for any suggestions you might have.

M
Just to be sure,

1. Track OUTPUT (not send) is set to analogue 1&2, right?
2. Is the Fader turned-up?
3. Is the track muted or other channels soloed?
4. Can you audition the audio file in the workspace browser?

http://www.myspace.com/philogg
Old 06-10-2008, 01:26 AM

Was the track still record enabled when you tried to play it back? If you have 'Input only Monitoring' selected in the track menu this would stop you hearing it as that track would still be in input monitor mode.

John
Old 06-10-2008, 08:02 AM

Quote:
I've correctly assigned the send to Analog 1-2
I'm concerned about this statement... Are you actually talking about the sends section of the channel strip in the mix window? By default, an audio track's output will be assigned to outputs 1-2 (main L-R) so you shouldn't have to assign anything. The sends are (usually) for "sending" the audio to a different aux or output for some type of processing before bringing it back into the mix.. Other than that , the other 2 posters comments should get you hearing the audio..