Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 01-20-2005, 05:58 AM

Default Desperate Need of Help

Last night I setup a new desktop for my 002. I am using a Lacie Firewire drive for all my sessions. When I try and open any session on the new machine I get this message:

"The original disk allocation for this session cannot be used. One or more drives cannot be found or are invalid for this session. As a result, disk allocation has been modified. Would you like to verify the new disk allocation?"

No matter what I say, it doesnt appear to help. After clicking past the error I get this:

"Audio files are on volumes unsuitable for playback. Would you like to copy them to a suitable volume?" The session opens but I have no Waveforms or audio.

No luck there either. The odd part is that I can still open all session fine on my laptop using the same drive. And, I was able to open these sessions on the new machine for an hour or so, then I moved the PC, re-set it up, and now here I am. I have no idea where to go from here.

Please help.......
Old 01-20-2005, 06:20 AM

Default Re: Desperate Need of Help

change it from a playback volume to a record volume in the digibase
Old 01-21-2005, 07:14 AM

That was it. Thanks Chris.

One more question now.... Now that I have gotten into the sessions, I have one that says it cant find 2 of the audio files. Unfortunaltly, they are on of the main vocal tracks as well as guitar. I tried searching for them myself, with no luck. Is this a normal thing to happen?

ALso, is it normal to have to check disk allocation each time I plug my external drive into a different system? I have had to do it for every session until I save the session again.

Thanks for all your help.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:11 AM

Quote:
That was it. Thanks Chris.

One more question now.... Now that I have gotten into the sessions, I have one that says it cant find 2 of the audio files. Unfortunaltly, they are on of the main vocal tracks as well as guitar. I tried searching for them myself, with no luck. Is this a normal thing to happen?
Do they show up when the drive is connected to the original system? They may not be on the external drive. Try performing a "save session copy in" including all files prior to moving the session.

Quote:

ALso, is it normal to have to check disk allocation each time I plug my external drive into a different system? I have had to do it for every session until I save the session again.
Yes.