Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)

Old 10-30-2011, 08:45 AM

Default Pro Tools SE not recognising M-Audio Fast Track Pro even though it is connected

I recently bought am M-Audio Fast Track Pro interface. I installed the bundled Pro Tools SE (v 8.0.3), installed the Fast Track Pro driver (v 6.0.7).

The Fast Track Pro control panel says the interface is "connected". However, when I launch Pro Tools SE I get an alert box that states:

Unable to locate Avid hardware. Make sure your hardware is connected and turned on. Click "OK" when hardware is ready.

However, the hardware is both connected and turned on. Furthermore, other audio apps. such as Adobe Soundbooth CS5 pick it up perfectly well and function without issue. Very annoyed that Pro Tools SE refuses to recognise the interface, especially when it is the version bundled with the kit.

Any suggestions/workarounds would be appreciated.
Old 05-01-2017, 07:47 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools SE not recognising M-Audio Fast Track Pro even though it is connected

Quote:
Originally Posted by josans View Post
I recently bought am M-Audio Fast Track Pro interface. I installed the bundled Pro Tools SE (v 8.0.3), installed the Fast Track Pro driver (v 6.0.7).

The Fast Track Pro control panel says the interface is "connected". However, when I launch Pro Tools SE I get an alert box that states:

Unable to locate Avid hardware. Make sure your hardware is connected and turned on. Click "OK" when hardware is ready.

However, the hardware is both connected and turned on. Furthermore, other audio apps. such as Adobe Soundbooth CS5 pick it up perfectly well and function without issue. Very annoyed that Pro Tools SE refuses to recognise the interface, especially when it is the version bundled with the kit.

Any suggestions/workarounds would be appreciated.
As usual nobody to help, I know how you feel like because I have the same problem and no one to help
Old 05-01-2017, 08:34 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools SE not recognising M-Audio Fast Track Pro even though it is connected

This is a 7 year old thread, you'd probably be better to start your own. However, could you please post your system specs, and have you downloaded and installed the latest driver for the FTP?

Joel

Home:
Asus B450 Pro4 / Ryzen 5 2600 / 32GB RAM / Win 11 Pro
Pro Tools HD / Focusrite 18i20 + M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Two 2x10 Passive Monitors / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM