How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2013, 01:31 PM

Default Pro Tools 11 - virtual instrument

Hi,
I hope someone can help here. I'm running mac 10.8.4 I installed PT 11 after uninstalling 10.3.5, as recommended in the PT 11 Installation Guide. Now, when I run PT 11, it does not recognize my virtual instruments (Xpand2, Structure, Mini Grand, Boom). I download Avid Virtual Instrument Installer 10.3 (Mac), and tried to reinstall it, but it didn't help. So where should I put the Virtual Instrument folder? Now it is under app>Avid, where PT 11 app.
Thanks a lot,
ysound
Old 07-09-2013, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 - virtual instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysound View Post
Hi,
I hope someone can help here. I'm running mac 10.8.4 I installed PT 11 after uninstalling 10.3.5, as recommended in the PT 11 Installation Guide. Now, when I run PT 11, it does not recognize my virtual instruments (Xpand2, Structure, Mini Grand, Boom). I download Avid Virtual Instrument Installer 10.3 (Mac), and tried to reinstall it, but it didn't help. So where should I put the Virtual Instrument folder? Now it is under app>Avid, where PT 11 app.
Thanks a lot,
ysound
Hi

The AIR Instrument installer for PT11 ( Air Creative Collection ) is a separate installer in your Avid account and the one you said you installed (10.3) is only For the PT10 instruments, You need to download and install the Air Creative Collection Installer from your Avid account which is for PT11 and if you are gonna use PT10 you need 10.3.6 aswell as the AIR Installer for PT10 which is the 10.3.

Good Luck
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 07-09-2013, 02:15 PM

Hi Chris,
Thanks a lot! I'll try that and post an update. Does it mean I can delete the Virtual Instruments folder (the one that works with PT 10)? They take a lot of memory...
Old 07-09-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Hi Chris,
Thanks a lot! I'll try that and post an update. Does it mean I can delete the Virtual Instruments folder (the one that works with PT 10)? They take a lot of memory...
No, dont delete any folders until you have everything working in PT11 as PT11 and PT10 shares plugin folders as far as I understood so don't delete any of the files assosiated with digi or avid

Post back when you tried this
Best Wishes
Christopher

PS. Are you not going to run PT10 as you get both 11/10 with the PT11 upgrade? If you don't want to run PT10 anyway you could probably delete that folder as it won't have anything to do with 11. ( just the old VI folder, NOT the PI folder. The plugins are in a different folder so of you aren't gonna install PT10 and take advantage of using the 3rd party plugins and instruments until the are all ported over to AAX64 bit you can delete the old VI folder and sound files. They do take up lots of space indeed but maybe there is someting else you could uninstall instead before you tried PT11 and see everything working fine first..

I would advise NOT deleting any folders until you have eveything working 100% and then maybe look into what you need and what to remove.

Don't forget to delete preferences and databases before you start using PT11 after installation.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————

Last edited by Southsidemusic; 07-09-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:10 AM

Hi Chris/anyone:

[1] OK, now the virtual instruments work just fine on PT 11, and since I'm not going to use PT 10, I'd like to get rid of the virtual instruments of PT 10.
I'm running on mac 10.8. I think the PT10 are in Application>Avid>Avid Virtual Instruments. Is it right? And where are the virtual instruments of pro tools 11 located?

[2] It may sound like a dumb question, but...when I run pro tools 11, the time it takes to load the plug-ins etc (before the Quick Start window) is significantly shorter than pro tools 10 needed. Since I got some issues with updating to pro tools 11, I'm afraid I might have missed something here. Can it be the case?

Thanks a lot!!
ysound
Old 09-11-2013, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Hi Chris/anyone:

[1] OK, now the virtual instruments work just fine on PT 11, and since I'm not going to use PT 10, I'd like to get rid of the virtual instruments of PT 10.
I'm running on mac 10.8. I think the PT10 are in Application>Avid>Avid Virtual Instruments. Is it right? And where are the virtual instruments of pro tools 11 located?

[2] It may sound like a dumb question, but...when I run pro tools 11, the time it takes to load the plug-ins etc (before the Quick Start window) is significantly shorter than pro tools 10 needed. Since I got some issues with updating to pro tools 11, I'm afraid I might have missed something here. Can it be the case?

Thanks a lot!!
ysound
Hi

I am gonna check the exact pathway in PT10 so I'll get back as soon as I am back in the studio within an hour.

On the second question I am sure that PT11 should load up way faster as it is a complete rebuild of the whole program and our 11HD load up in less than half the time 10HD does so don't worry anout that Be Happy it load up quicker.

If anyone can answer you on question 1 before I am back would be great.

Best Regards
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-11-2013, 07:36 AM

Hi Chris,
OK, thanks a lot. Nothing urgent, let me know when you have time