Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2011, 06:53 PM

Default Auto-Tune EVO and PT 10

Trying to use EVO in graphical mode in PT10 (Audiosuite). Works fine in auto mode but when in graphical, seems to be hit or miss. When it doesn't work, the "rendered" clip has tons of random pitch swings up and down. The Preview function plays your corrections correctly inside EVO but when you render, it sometimes totally wigs out. Can't see a pattern, some short clips, some a little longer. Have tried re-booting and re-opening session, same results. The Antares website says they know Auto-Tune 7 has problems with PT 10 but this is Evo and it's only version 6.09. Anyone else having any oddities?
Old 12-19-2011, 10:17 AM

Default Re: Auto-Tune EVO and PT 10

Well I use PT9 with EVO and get the same results. I wish they would do an update, but I think it's EoL now that 7 is out. I just render asap to avoid hearing those stupid noises.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:59 PM

Well now I have yet another issue. There are clips in PT10 that I cannot seem to affect. I bring up Evoin AudioSuite, go into graphical mode, make the necessary change, preview it and hit render....the clip on the PT timeline changes its name but doesn't change a thing in the pitch. The corrections I made in Evo are not reflected even though a new "clip" is inserted with a new name as it should be. I hate to spend the money to update to 7 when I really don't need it but at this point, I may have to.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:29 AM

So who's got a slick workflow for using Auto-tune in real time instead of Audiosuite. Something like printing the results out to another track and then copying the clip back into the timeline (or something like that). I haven't thought it all the way thru yet but until they get Audiosuite working with PT10, I need an alternative.

BTW, Antares tech support confirmed last night that the Auto-Tune 7 problems with Pro Tools 10 also impact EVO due to the way 10 handles Audiosuite. The post on their web site only said it was Auto-Tune 7 but apparently we're supposed to know that that includes EVO.

Go figure. The price of progress I guess. Anyhow, one of you smart guys please share your workflow idea. Thanks.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:11 PM

create a new track and record the "tuned" section to the new track and comp the new tracks to the old tracks or however you would like to do it.

i would personally create a new playlist.
copy the original entire vocal track to this playlist.
then copy and paste the comp track up the main track.
mute out the tuned only tracks.

the problem with the audiosuite is with the handles. i havent tried using it in audiosuite with pt 10 to see if you can tweak the handles settings to get it to work like you can with vocalign. might check that later, but i believe i remember a problem with it.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 12-20-2011, 12:43 PM

^Yup, I do it the same way. I save a copy of the untuned playlist on the same track just in case I need to revert to the original for a word or two.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:41 AM

The problem with using Evo as an audio suite is the way PT 10 does handles. The default handle is set at 2.0 seconds. You can change it to 0.0 in the bottom right hand corner of the Evo window and it will fix your problem.