Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2008, 11:00 AM

Default \'save a copy as\' damaged a file - file repair advice?

I have been using 'save a copy of' after recording large sessions across many drives to transfer multi-disk allocations to a single drive for my clients for years. I have never had any problems with this until recently.

During a 'save a copy as', one of fifty-six files was damaged on the ORIGINAL drive by the ProTools application. It still has a .WAV suffix, appears in both the finder and DigiBase showing its original size of some 456MB, but will not play. I have tried every option in Peak 5.21 to repair this file, no go. I have tried to open it into different formats in Sound Converter, Logic.

I am convinced that this file can be saved if I can just find the right app that will let me look at code in the header area and compare to good files from the same session. The data is there, but the shotgun approach is just not cutting it. This is a major-label client and I really want to solve this at any expense.

Any suggestions, anybody?