Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 12-21-2012, 07:50 PM

Default Pro Tools 10.3.2 wont even install! After clean windows 7 install!!!

Im using IE 9 This can't be the culprit right? Or am I better using IE 8 for now when installing pro tools 10.3.2? Anyone? could also be that I don't have service pack 1 installed yet?

Surely I cant be the only one this has ever happened to?!

78 people have read this NOT one persons knows anything about solving this problem??

How can this be happening? After getting!

Error, missing iLok authorization for Pro Tools 10. Please insert the necessary iLok and restart Pro Tools.

I said the heck with it Ill reinstall another clean pro tools 10.3.2. I took the time and trouble to redownload pro tools 10.3.2 off of my Avid account.

Now as I go to install pro tools 10.3.2
I get Pro Tools installer information
error 1308 source file not found. Installer/Program files/avid/pro tools/pt help/audio/plugins/images/syncchronic_chapter6.119.3..3jpg. Verify that files exists and that you can access it

Please help
Old 12-21-2012, 10:00 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 10.3.2 wont even install! After clean windows 7 install!!!

Did you extract the installation files or are you installing from the zip file? Strange problem and I'm not sure, but sometimes an installation won't reference the files properly unless they're extracted from the zip file first.

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (3)
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 12-21-2012, 10:13 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 10.3.2 wont even install! After clean windows 7 install!!!

hi thanks for caring and answering. Yes at first I had a saved installation on another hard drive I drag it over on to my main drive and I launched Pro Tools no problem. But then I was getting issues with the ilok drivers. so I decided to re install Pro Tools from scratch this time I downloaded it right off my avid account I went to install and now I get this problem so now I'm doing another Windows 7 install as we speak so you're saying I should re download from Avid again and open it from the zip folder? Please advise thank you.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:26 PM

Not an answer to the problem, but I always do an image right after a windows install and then at all the major install points.
That way you never have to go back to zero.
I use paragon software backup and they have a free edition that works well.

I would turn off windows user account control before the PT install.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanrock View Post
so you're saying I should re download from Avid again and open it from the zip folder?
No, I was saying you should extract the files first - at least that works for me. If it doesn't, try it the other way and try to install without extracting. Wish I could offer more. Good luck!

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (3)
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 12-21-2012, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave911 View Post
Not an answer to the problem, but I always do an image right after a windows install and then at all the major install points.
That way you never have to go back to zero.
I use paragon software backup and they have a free edition that works well.

I would turn off windows user account control before the PT install.
yes setting up restore points that's 1 of the best ideas I've heard in awhile thank you for that.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwsand View Post
No, I was saying you should extract the files first - at least that works for me. If it doesn't, try it the other way and try to install without extracting. Wish I could offer more. Good luck!
okay will do. Keeping my fingers crossed. I still can't believe I'm going to this you think it be a lot simpler by now.thanks again
Old 12-22-2012, 12:46 AM

Quote:
yes setting up restore points that's 1 of the best ideas I've heard in awhile thank you for that.
He's talking about using something like Ghost or Acronis the make a full disk image. Not setting a restore point.

You absolutely need to extract the the .Zip file before you run the installer. If your having issues make sure that you've uninstalled PT completely along with the drivers and then download and install PT and the latest drivers for your hardware afterwords. Also you should probably install 10.3.3 since its the latest update.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 12-22-2012, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Im using IE 9 This can't be the culprit right? Or am I better using IE 8 for now when installing pro tools 10.3.2? Anyone? could also be that I don't have service pack 1 installed yet?

Surely I cant be the only one this has ever happened to?!

78 people have read this NOT one persons knows anything about solving this problem??

How can this be happening? After getting!

Error, missing iLok authorization for Pro Tools 10. Please insert the necessary iLok and restart Pro Tools.

I said the heck with it Ill reinstall another clean pro tools 10.3.2. I took the time and trouble to redownload pro tools 10.3.2 off of my Avid account.

Now as I go to install pro tools 10.3.2
I get Pro Tools installer information
error 1308 source file not found. Installer/Program files/avid/pro tools/pt help/audio/plugins/images/syncchronic_chapter6.119.3..3jpg. Verify that files exists and that you can access it

Please help

Hi,

I got that error when trying to unzip the file under a somehow (not too) long path. The problem there is that the files inside the zip file contain VERY long paths (absurd and very reckless from whoever prepares the installer at Avid). Windows has a limit on the allowed path size for any file or folder in NTFS and those files in the installer are already very close to that limit. So, if you try to unzip the installer over some path that, when summed to the extracted paths is superior to the limit, then you get that error.

Try to unzip the installer directly on the root of your C:\ drive (or any other drive), just not inside any other path/folder. After unziping it, try to run the setup.

Let me know if that solves the issue.

HTH

Francisco

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
Pro Tools Ultimate (perpetual with active updates/support plan)
RME Fireface 802, Focusrite Clarett+ Octopre, Eleven Rack (ERXP)
Monitors: Yamaha MSP7 and Yamaha HS8S
Asus RoG Maximus Hero Z790 (in a 4U slidable rack mount! )
Intel Core i9-13900k 5.4 Ghz (16 cores / 32 threads)
128 GB RAM G.Skill DDR5 6000 MHz (4 modules 32GB each)
Boot disk: Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2TB
Media disks: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2TB in RAID 0 for current work, 2 x Seagate Exos X20 20TB mirrored for archive and backup
Video: PNY/Nvidia RTX 3080 TI with a single 4K display Dell U3223QE 32''
Old 12-22-2012, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarabozo View Post
Hi,

I got that error when trying to unzip the file under a somehow (not too) long path. The problem there is that the files inside the zip file contain VERY long paths (absurd and very reckless from whoever prepares the installer at Avid). Windows has a limit on the allowed path size for any file or folder in NTFS and those files in the installer are already very close to that limit. So, if you try to unzip the installer over some path that, when summed to the extracted paths is superior to the limit, then you get that error.

Try to unzip the installer directly on the root of your C:\ drive (or any other drive), just not inside any other path/folder. After unziping it, try to run the setup.

Let me know if that solves the issue.

HTH

Francisco
Hi Fransico

Finally someone knows my pain...

Ok so I hopefully dont mess anything up here. Instead of opening my saved pro tools 10.3.2 from another HD. Go to my Avid account redownload pro tools 10.3.2 installer. When its finished downloading I will see that pro tools is in a zip folder so drage that pro tools folder out of zip folder onto my desk top so its not ready to install from my desk top aka main c/drive, correct? Oh I see pro tools 10.3.3 just came out a few days ago when my pro tools crashed on me and its a full installer.

Do you know if I should install pro tools 10.3.3 though I dont have service pack 1 yet?
I keep waitng for windows 7 to update me to service pack 1 so far it hasnt. I'm a little leary to install pro tools 10.3.3 without service pack 1. Anyone please??

And once I know its safe to proceed I will get back to you with my results too.

Thank you so much for caring and answering.