Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2010, 05:56 PM

Default SC48 & Virtual Soundcheck Workaround??

Alight, so I know that it doesn't work like the HDx does as far as gain structure is concerned, how about this (I was able to recreate this in the standalone software): What if I make a snapshot that includes 'PRE' in my scope as well as 'IN' and 'OUT' and name it Pro Tools playback. Now I can regain my inputs, which if you look are between -20 to +18 for Pro Tools input and +10 to +60 for local preamp gain, then when I go back and forth from my Pro Tools Playback snapshot and any other, the input gains will change accordingly. Has anyone tried this? Thanks!!

Chris
Old 10-10-2010, 10:45 AM

Default Re: SC48 & Virtual Soundcheck Workaround??

I just tested this out offline. It works. Only difference is I make two snapshots. I call them LIVE and VSC. Both scope PRE, IN and OUT. LIVE has my Stage patches and VSC has my FWx patches.

I do this so I can make changes and commit them to other snapshots without affecting gain setting. The only shortcoming is you can't commit HPF changes since they come under PRE.