Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 09-16-2021, 10:44 PM

Default Is there a shortcut or Eucon Command to rename a track?

Is there a shortcut, Eucon command or way to make a shortcut that would allow me to rename a track? I noticed that on the Control app if you double tap a track you can rename it there, but I'm on an Artist Control and the touch screen on it doesn't allow for double tapping a track to rename, obviously.

Please tell me SOMEONE has figured out a way to do this.
Avid Artist Transport | Genelec 8351b Monitors | Genelec 7360A Subwoofer x2 | Slate Digital VMS Virtual Microphone
Old 09-17-2021, 05:17 AM

Default Re: Is there a shortcut or Eucon Command to rename a track?

Nope. Been asking for a surface or keyboard shortcut shortcut for this for a long time.

BTW, you can use the Control App and Artist Control at the same
Old 09-17-2021, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
Nope. Been asking for a surface or keyboard shortcut shortcut for this for a long time.

BTW, you can use the Control App and Artist Control at the same
Man, it really is the little things... Reminds me of how long the option to auto scroll to a track on the screen if it is selected on a control surface. It was in settings but never ever ever freaking worked.

About the Control app, yea, I could just prop the iPad up in my setup but it being a seperate surace and not being in sync with the Artist Control irks me. It really is making me consider just replacing the Artist Control with the Dock and a tablet but I like the 4 faders on the Artist Control and the touchscreen and knobs being flat rather than propped up. I could probably force myself to get used to one dedicated fader, sort my screen out so that the damn thing doesn't cover it up and untrain myself to not be used to having it flat but that seems like so much work... why can't I just get my damn track rename shortcut, Avid? Jeez
Avid Artist Transport | Genelec 8351b Monitors | Genelec 7360A Subwoofer x2 | Slate Digital VMS Virtual Microphone
Old 09-17-2021, 09:13 AM

I transitioned from Artist Control to a Dock and I went through the same pains as you. I’ve had the Dock for almost 2 years now and I’ve never looked back. In fact, if I had to go back to a Control I’d probably moan a little.
I hated having to lose the 4 faders, but honestly, I don’t think it really matters. I go to the focus fader on the Dock way more than I did on the Control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2021, 09:43 AM

Default Is there a shortcut or Eucon Command to rename a track?

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
I transitioned from Artist Control to a Dock and I went through the same pains as you. I’ve had the Dock for almost 2 years now and I’ve never looked back. In fact, if I had to go back to a Control I’d probably moan a little.
I hated having to lose the 4 faders, but honestly, I don’t think it really matters. I go to the focus fader on the Dock way more than I did on the Control.

About the single fader, now that I think about it, I could just dedicate specific faders on the Mixes like I did on the Control and it’d be the same thing, essentially. May as well give the Dock a go. Thanks!

Last edited by Focuret; 09-25-2021 at 06:22 AM.