Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2022, 05:33 AM

Default Tablets running Eucon app not connecting with S1

Hi there,

As the title already may suggest, I'm running into some issues with both my iPad Air and Galaxy Tab 7 FE's in combination with three S1 and one Dock. Since a couple of days I'm not able to link the tablet to the according hardware device anymore. Whenever I drag the tablet in the Eucon Windows software to the corresponding S1 or Dock, it applies and then leaved immediately. The tablets themselves do not give any connection at any point and they show they're disconnected from the Eucon system.

They're all running on the latest OS system (both the Apple and Galaxy tabs) as well as the host computer and the Eucon 2022.9 software. Weirdly enough, it happened since when I got back from tour. As far as I know, nothing in the setup has changed. And above all, all tablets do get detected in the Eucon software.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank! - Tim
Old 11-04-2022, 06:24 AM

Default Re: Tablets running Eucon app not connecting with S1

Knowing your network setup would help diagnose. In the mean time, power cycle each device and try to connect. Make sure each is connecting to right network.

I assume the S1’s and Dock are connecting fine?
Old 11-05-2022, 10:04 AM
Avid

Can you try restarting the Tablets
Old 11-05-2022, 10:17 AM
Avid

Hi Tim:

Can you please post the IP address of one or all your tablets as shown in the attached picture.

And post the IP address(es) of your workstation, and the OS version of your workstation.

Thank you.
Howard
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2022-11-05 at 10.16.24 AM.png (49.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-06-2022, 02:02 AM

Me being a tech-nerd forgetting the very basics of troubleshooting: turning it off and on.

Well it did make my iPad work, but the Samsung tabs still give me the same issue. When clicking the "show info" I see the "Tablet 1 is having connection issues" even though it connected as it should be. It's on the same VLAN and every device has fixed IP addresses in the network here. For example 192.168.1.85 for tablet 1, .86 for tabled 2 and so on.

It's interesting to see that it did get solved with restarting the iPad, but not the Galaxy Tabs.

All apps and control software are on 2022.9, on a Windows 11 Pro 22H2 OS.

The network here is Unifi based and is running a lot of Dante and RTP Midi channels too. However, this has never been an issue before this happened. Nothing changed to the network either.
Old 11-06-2022, 09:14 AM
Avid

Running Dante on the same network as EUCON is a definite no no, but I doubt its a cause of this connection issue. Do you have any other network adapters connected on that machine, if so, what are their IP addresses?
Old 11-06-2022, 10:39 AM

Well the tablets are connected over wifi, but the Windows machine both has a Sonnet SFP+ adapter and an on board 10g LAN adapter having IP .71 and .72 respectively. However, currently the SFP+ adapter has been set out of use, so basically only the on board LAN chip is doing all the traffic. But that hasn’t changed either, so it starts getting difficult to troubleshoot the issue as nothing really changed. Only the DNS server got restarted in the network running Pi Hole, but as every device went through a reboot, I see no reason why that should be the cause.

Also note about Dante: so many people say Dante should have its own VLAN, but using 96 I/O Dante channels, I can confirm I never experienced any glitches. But this mainly comes because of the dual 10G backbone here. It’s a common rule because of the other traffic, but aimed on 1G networks.
Old 11-06-2022, 10:55 AM
Avid

So you have two network adapters on the same subnet? This is also not recommended, a quick google search will bring up many articles about it. This may be the cause of your issue.
Old 11-06-2022, 11:04 AM
Avid

Hi Tim:

In order for us to have a clue what is going on please provide the info requested in this post:

https://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=2652606&postcount=4

Many thanks
Howard AVID SW engineer.
Old 11-06-2022, 11:14 PM

Hi Howard, As mentioned in one of my previous posts, I’m running Windows 11 pro 2H22 on IP 192.168.1.72 (internal 10G Realtek adapter) with the SFP+ adapter disabled in bios, which should otherwise have 192.168.1.71.

The tables range between 192.168.1.85 and 192.168.1.88. All software (both Eucon PC driver and the apps) runs on 2022.9.

As mentioned earlier, there is a dedicated DNS server running on 192.168.1.5. Also If I’m not mistaken, the Avid controllers also have a fixed IP, which are all on this same subnet.