Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 11-11-2022, 04:04 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2022.9 "Saving ARA Data"

Had this problem with 2022.10 as well but when I thrashed PT preferences and plugin list data it works ok now.
RME DigiFace USB
Apogee Rosetta 200
Old 11-13-2022, 08:08 PM

i will try your suggestion. The 2022.10 version did not resolve the saving ARA issue for me at all. (Just less dialog box, but same frequency and interruptions

Also - I had 6 tracks in Melodyne (no playlists underneath, very clean) and after tuning them, I perfomed a crossfade (transport was in play) and got a "Melodyne Crashed Error" which crashed Pro Tools too.

I'm re-opening the case with Avid.
Old 11-15-2022, 03:41 PM

Hey all.
Just scoured through this thread after spending several days cursing ARA for slowing me to a crawl. I thought I'd give my scenario, in case it helps.
I'm running: Pro Tools 2022.10.0 on a 2018 MBP
I do online lecture editing for a university, so It's typically a single mono track that's over an hour long with crossfaded edits every few seconds.
I often find myself bridging words or building them out of different syllables from across the hour's lecture.
When I right click on a clip to edit with Melodyne, pro tool does appear to scan the entire track...which in my case takes a solid 3 minutes. And then even after rendering and disabling Melodyne, the ARA saving continues.
What has helped me is pulling the clip into a new lane and consolidating. That seems to keep Melodyne from scanning an hour of hidden audio attached to my second long clip. I haven't tried to clear out the ARA embedded clips from the clips bin yet, as this workaround has kept me from waiting for the ARA save to complete.
Hope it helps. I do like having Melodyne at the ready without round-tripping the audio.
-Bob
Old 11-16-2022, 02:07 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdeToBob View Post
Hey all.
Just scoured through this thread after spending several days cursing ARA for slowing me to a crawl. I thought I'd give my scenario, in case it helps.
I'm running: Pro Tools 2022.10.0 on a 2018 MBP
I do online lecture editing for a university, so It's typically a single mono track that's over an hour long with crossfaded edits every few seconds.
I often find myself bridging words or building them out of different syllables from across the hour's lecture.
When I right click on a clip to edit with Melodyne, pro tool does appear to scan the entire track...which in my case takes a solid 3 minutes. And then even after rendering and disabling Melodyne, the ARA saving continues.
What has helped me is pulling the clip into a new lane and consolidating. That seems to keep Melodyne from scanning an hour of hidden audio attached to my second long clip. I haven't tried to clear out the ARA embedded clips from the clips bin yet, as this workaround has kept me from waiting for the ARA save to complete.
Hope it helps. I do like having Melodyne at the ready without round-tripping the audio.
-Bob
Melodyne analyse all FILE long the clip was created from. If you don't want to wait and you know you won't need to trim out this clip in the future you can consolidate the clip before sending it to the ARA analysis and not wait too long.
Old 11-16-2022, 02:23 AM
Avid

Melodyne analyse all FILE long the clip was created from. If you don't want to wait and you know you won't need to trim out this clip in the future you can consolidate the clip before sending it to the ARA analysis and not wait too long. No need to move the clip to another track. Simply consolidate the clip where it is and then ARA analyze it using Clip's right-click Melodyne->Edit command.
Old 11-16-2022, 02:37 AM

Yeah I've found that - much like with Elastic Audio - Melodyne doesn't like lots of different files and different edits on one track, so I've taking to consolidating before initiating ARA as well.
Old 11-16-2022, 10:23 AM

I'm having the same issue here. PT2022.10 on OS12.5.
Workarounds are nice to know for the time being but the only way forward here is for them to just fix it and make it work smooth without interruptions or anything...
Old 12-17-2022, 08:30 PM

This is a real pest...!
Isn't the best workaround to just use Melodyne the old way...and capture your audio into a plugin set on your track?
That always worked flawlessly ...before this half baked feature that just makes you angry

iMac27 i9 3.6 (late 2019) / 64 GB Ram / OS 10.15.7
Apollo 8 / PT Ultimate 2020.9.1
Old 12-18-2022, 05:28 AM

That’s what I’m doing now. Using melodyne in the old fashioned way. Just given up on ARA which is the main reason I upgraded. Also found the upgrade has thrown up a few other bugs in the midi which weren’t there before so generally very unimpressed.

Wierd thing is, I had this saving ARA problem early on, then it didn’t happen for weeks and I was using ARA fine. Then it mysteriously started again. Now I’m too scared to try it cos I just don’t have time for that **** and I have no confidence in the system.
Old 12-22-2022, 03:19 PM

This automatic backup of the ARA data, which in my case has nothing to do with the automatic backups of the session and is done as if in parallel, is really unpleasant (and quite long, like 3 seconds each time, and I'm all SSD, with 970 EVO on the motherboard for the sessions). I left Samplitude and went back to Pro Tools because of the ease of editing and the new features (customizable shortcuts, ARA 2, and great folder management even in the mixer), but the integration is lacking because of that and destroys the workflow. I would like to add a point, because Pro Tools, without working Object like Samplitude, does it a bit (clip effects): it should integrate melodyne processing in the clip effects in order to be able to go back after a render (a freeze) and to be able to find your file before Melodyne. My current way is to create tons of playlists, but it's not ideal.

(Note: I do comping by adjusting certain clips with Melodyne, step by step in the session. So the solution is not to put Melodyne on the whole track as before. I need to advance by clip).

I think the problem is that the backup saves all the ARA data every time instead of just the changes or just the ARA data for the modified clips.
  • Mac Studio M2 Ultra 2023. 2T. 128 Go. + 2X 4 T NVMe ext.
  • AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.40 GHz 64 Go, full SSD

• Roland V-Piano, Novation 88
  • Etc.
  • www.claudemarcbourget.com