Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 11-23-2022, 09:32 AM

Default Original Izotope Insight compatibility?

Hello all. Am I correct in assuming the original Izotope Insight (NOT 2) is not compatible with the latest version of Protools (2022.10.0)? I'm getting an Insight "Hook" crash when launching PTs sessions after updating to 2022.10. If I launch with plugins uninstantiated, then replace Insight with Insight 2 all opens fine. Disappointing since I like the layout of the original Insight better than 2 (the spectrum view is on the left of the meters).

System 2: Pro Tools 23.9 (no Hardware), Mac OS 13.2.1, MBP (Macbook Air M2, 2022 24Gig Ram)
Old 11-23-2022, 11:52 AM

Default Re: Original Izotope Insight compatibility?

Have you ever been to this page?

https://support.izotope.com/hc/en-us...otope-products

I had that same issue with Insight and Neutron 2 when I would open old sessions. Installing using those alternate installers fixed it. Not sure if it will help you but worth a shot.

I'm not on 2022.10. Still on 2022.7. So I can't say for sure.
Old 11-23-2022, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyou View Post
Have you ever been to this page?

https://support.izotope.com/hc/en-us...otope-products

I had that same issue with Insight and Neutron 2 when I would open old sessions. Installing using those alternate installers fixed it. Not sure if it will help you but worth a shot.

I'm not on 2022.10. Still on 2022.7. So I can't say for sure.
Wow, this is super helpful. Thank you!
I was just having to open a project in a different room because it has Ozone 8 on it and that wouldn't install on my Mac Studio. Izotope presets only import between 1 version difference, i.e. 8-9 or 9-10 but not 8-10, and we skipped 9.

I'm going to give this installer a try to use Ozone 8 in Rosetta on a Mac Studio.
Old 11-23-2022, 03:47 PM

Helpful page for sure, except my issue is not with installation, it is with opening sessions that have the the original Insight instantiated. It appears that the version I have installed, 1.05 is the most current version (of 1).

System 2: Pro Tools 23.9 (no Hardware), Mac OS 13.2.1, MBP (Macbook Air M2, 2022 24Gig Ram)
Old 11-30-2022, 08:45 PM

I am having this same issue. I wasn't having this issues until I did some plugin updates today. Insight 1 was not one of the plugins that needed updating, but a few other Izotope ones were. I upgraded to PT 2022.10 roughly 3-4 days ago and worked on a few projects already using Insight 1. But now tonight for the first time it keeps crashing Pro Tools and I desperately need it to check LUFS properly for some mastering I need sent off 5 hours ago so I can pay my bills lol.

Anyhow, very weird and frustrating. Its so annoying when these companies stop keeping up with crucial plugins like this and expect us to all go and buy the new one.

Pro Tools Studio 2022.10
Mac OS 10.15.7
Old 12-01-2022, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponderifica View Post
I am having this same issue. I wasn't having this issues until I did some plugin updates today.
Hmmm. Perhaps then an incompatibility within the Izotope family? Are you using the "Meter Tap" plugin to route to Insight?

Old 12-01-2022, 06:53 AM

Quote:
I desperately need it to check LUFS properly for some mastering I need sent off 5 hours ago so I can pay my bills lol.
Youlean is a free Loudness meter that works pretty well:
https://youlean.co/youlean-loudness-meter/

Old 12-01-2022, 12:26 PM

Quote:
I am having this same issue. I wasn't having this issues until I did some plugin updates today. Insight 1 was not one of the plugins that needed updating, but a few other Izotope ones were. I upgraded to PT 2022.10 roughly 3-4 days ago and worked on a few projects already using Insight 1. But now tonight for the first time it keeps crashing Pro Tools and I desperately need it to check LUFS properly for some mastering I need sent off 5 hours ago so I can pay my bills lol.

Anyhow, very weird and frustrating. Its so annoying when these companies stop keeping up with crucial plugins like this and expect us to all go and buy the new one.

Pro Tools Studio 2022.10
Mac OS 10.15.7
You did plugin and PT updates in the last week and it's annoying that they didn't keep up with a much older product.

Everywhere these days I see an installer and most definitely all over Avid Pro Tools documentation, it says something like "Be sure to check the compatibility of your existing setup, software, and plugins before updating"...

As a measure of "watch out next time" and not as a "gotcha", this is why some users are very very hesitant to update and upgrade almost any component on any day let alone a day in a week with a real work deadline. And always, always backup to minimize downtime when you might have to revert anytime, especially running the updates.

It's really really worthwhile to be able to plan and organize updates and upgrades, and really, not do them all to often if possible. Most updates and upgrades are quite optional, especially considering most security patches don't apply to many use situations and levels of network weaponization, etc.

Many people have separate systems to test configuration. I think I see you're not on a most recent OS version, but either way, on newer systems if you have enough space, there is an option to easily and safely partition to install other versions of OS to test config and switch "daily work" onto at a stable and reasonable compatibility and time to do so.
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //
Old 12-02-2022, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim R. View Post
Hmmm. Perhaps then an incompatibility within the Izotope family? Are you using the "Meter Tap" plugin to route to Insight?

I am not using Meter Tap. Just Insight 1 by itself.

Also thanks for the software suggestion! I'll check it out. I resorted to using the Waves WLM meter for the time being until Izotope gets back to me.
Old 12-02-2022, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nednednerb View Post
You did plugin and PT updates in the last week and it's annoying that they didn't keep up with a much older product.

Everywhere these days I see an installer and most definitely all over Avid Pro Tools documentation, it says something like "Be sure to check the compatibility of your existing setup, software, and plugins before updating"...

As a measure of "watch out next time" and not as a "gotcha", this is why some users are very very hesitant to update and upgrade almost any component on any day let alone a day in a week with a real work deadline. And always, always backup to minimize downtime when you might have to revert anytime, especially running the updates.

It's really really worthwhile to be able to plan and organize updates and upgrades, and really, not do them all to often if possible. Most updates and upgrades are quite optional, especially considering most security patches don't apply to many use situations and levels of network weaponization, etc.

Many people have separate systems to test configuration. I think I see you're not on a most recent OS version, but either way, on newer systems if you have enough space, there is an option to easily and safely partition to install other versions of OS to test config and switch "daily work" onto at a stable and reasonable compatibility and time to do so.

Thanks. For the most part, I am very on top of my system and don't experience too many things such as this. As you can see, I don't post much on these sites.

But, in this specific instance I am talking about Insight 1 and Insight 2. Originally, Insight 1 was a free plugin. A great tool that became part of my workflow for the last 4-5 years. But now it seems they only keep up with Insight 2 which is $200. It's just another case of software companies doing bait and switching. The free Insight 1 plugin was really just a nice thing that ultimately led me to purchasing other Izotope plugins. Now, I may reconsider.

Its more about customer relations than anything else. We'll see what they say in the support ticket email thread.