Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 10-12-2022, 08:28 AM

Default changing melodyne from track to clip mode not working

Hi, I have a two hour live recording that I'm mixing and have edited all songs individually by clipping the two hour continuous files into separate files for each song. I need to use melodyne on one lead vocal and bg vocals on one song. I highlight the lead vocal clip, right click clip and melodyne transfers the whole two hour show. Melodyne is in track mode but when I try to change it to clip mode i cannot select or change modes. I've tried command-shift-c and nothing happens. i opened another session and can change melodyne into clip mode but not in the two hour session. what am i doing wrong, any help appreciated.

mac mini m1, Monterey, pro tools 22-9 studio
Old 10-13-2022, 08:11 AM

Default Re: changing melodyne from track to clip mode not working

Isn't it just that Pro Tools is still referencing the underlying clip (which is the entire show length)? You need to consolidate the separated clip so that the referenced file is only the length of the song.

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6
Old 10-13-2022, 09:38 AM

Default Re: changing melodyne from track to clip mode not working

Thanks for the info Rich. That did the trick. I consolidated the clips and only those clips were processed into melodyne. The other fix I tried before your post was to bounce out the tracks and import them into a new session for just that song and was able to remix the tune with the tuned vocals. Thank YOU so very much.